Liquor Investigator I - Bureau of Liquor Enforcement - NH

Discussion in 'New England Employment' started by Nick, Jul 22, 2010.

1. Nick

Nick MassCops Member

• LIQUOR INVESTIGATOR I - BUREAU OF LIQUOR ENFORCEMENT, 10 Commercial St, Concord, NH $42,931.20-$48,447.36-#14239 Position closes August 13, 2010
      The Division of Enforcement, law enforcement officers are required to meet minimum standards set out by the New Hampshire Department of Personnel and the regulations of the New Hampshire Police Standards and Training Council. Candidates for employment must pass a polygraph examination, psychological evaluation, physical agility test, background investigation, and pass a one year probationary period.
      MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Education:
      Associate's degree or 60 credit hours from a recognized college, university or technical institute with a major field of study preferably in criminal justice or the equivalent.
      Experience:
      No experience required
      OR Education:
      Completion of high school, G.E.D. or its equivalent.
      Experience:
      Three years of full-time employment as a certified police officer in a recognized jurisdiction or as a corrections officer, or three years of experience in the military on full time active duty with an honorable discharge, or a combination of the three occupations totaling three years.
      License/Certification: See Special Requirements (below)
      SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS:
    • Must be at least 21 years of age upon application for position.
    • Must be willing to accept employment anywhere in the state.
    • Must have and retain a New Hampshire driver's license for the duration of employoment.
    • Must pass a polygraph examination, psychological examination and fitness standards prior to employment. Meeting a continuing fitness standard will be required of all applicants based upon New Hampshire law.
    • Before the probationary period expires, appointees shall successfully complete a training program certifying the appointee as a police officer which satisfies all applicable provisions of RSA 188-F:27 and rules of the NH Police Standards and Training Council. . Liquor Investigators must maintain all requirements for certification as a police officer in New Hampshire.
      Applicants must be able to satisfactorily undergo a state police criminal records check and reference check as a condition of employment. These checks will be performed at the Liquor Commission's expense, and will be performed for new hires, transfers and promotions if one has not been completed in the last 12 months.
      We are accepting applications for the Investigator I position which will be located at 10 Commercial Street at the Division of Enforcement. ALL Applications must be returned to us at the New Hampshire Liquor Commission, 50 Storrs Street, Concord, New Hampshire or emailed to us at NH Liquor Commission Human Resources. Human Resources number is (603) 271-1704. For more information, you can Click Here to email Sergeant Matthew Elliot or you can call him at (603) 271-3521
    employment

2. 263FPD

263FPD Administrator Staff Member

Is there a possibility of a Liqour Taster position?

3. HousingCop

HousingCop Czar of Cyncism and Satire

Liquor Taster? .......I don't even know her.

4. The Bad LT

The Bad LT MassCops Member

What exactly are the duties of this position? Enforce liquor licensing laws and permits? I know all LEO's in NH have to become certified in the same academy just curious what else the position involves.

5. MajorRawls

MajorRawls MassCops Member

Not on the job, but I know a little about this position. There are a lot of enforcement stings such as underage drinking. When I was younger I used to work at a convenience store and a Investigator was friends with the store owner. He said they pick "problem areas" known for underage drinking (different stores, bars) and check ids. They also work fake id cases with different agencies. Thats really all he mentioned to me or at least what I remember anyway. I'm sure there is a lot more that I'm missing.

6. Inspector

Inspector Subscribing Member

They also cruise streets in high alcohol use areas such as Hampton Beach, college areas, Durham, Plymouth etc. doing mobile and foot patrols making alcohol related arrests. They check bars and all areas where alcohol is sold. They are armed and have police powers. I've worked with them quite a bit and most I've found to be easy to work with and know how to assist without over-stepping into the turf of others. Usual attire is raid jacket. Unmarked cruisers are assigned.

7. USMCMP5811

USMCMP5811 Administrator Staff Member

Lick her in the front, Poke her in the rear...basic simple stuff man....:smoke:

8. The Bad LT

The Bad LT MassCops Member

Are they allowed to work details? Available over time? Do they have full arrest powers accross the state like the sheriffs? Since, its a state organization? I have never seen a Liquor Investigator, I am in NH quite a bit.

From what I have read you basically do underage buys, enforce codes/laws pertaining to booze. Check in on NH state liquor stores, provide education on liquor to minors and hold classes for adults. The posting is fairly vague on NH.GOV.

9. Inspector

Inspector Subscribing Member

They do not work details, can make overtime, have a salary of $42,931.20-$48,447.36 Have full police powers (use them only on alcohol related cases (eg. checking on suspected under age they can make drug busts etc.)
    Must graduate from the academy and maintain certification (physical, firearms and classroom) during career. Three years military and/or police experience required. You may have seen them in NH and assumed they were local or state detectives. They have raid jackets and cruisers that resemble those of our state detectives.