Mass Contsables Office?

Discussion in 'Whacker Central' started by Glockguy17, Aug 18, 2016.

1. Glockguy17

Glockguy17 MassCops Member

2. Pvt. Cowboy

Pvt. Cowboy Lemme take a selfie Staff Member

Wow... This looks like the next generation of CMPSA...

3. Fuzzywuzzy

Fuzzywuzzy MassCops Member

They seem to be oblivious to the fact that a "Constable" in Texas is a completely different entity than on the east coast.

BxDetSgt, Kilvinsky and felony like this.
  4. visible25

visible25 MassCops Member

Ch 90? Seeking Academy trained?

BxDetSgt and pahapoika like this.
  5. Edmizer1

Edmizer1 MassCops Member

The professional constables want nothing to do with this type of press. I deal with a constable sometimes due to a rental property I own. He is all business and has a few other constables working for him. They all know what they are doing and the last thing they want is a bad reputation with the police. You would also not believe the money the squared away constables make.

BxDetSgt and Kilvinsky like this.
  6. Sgt Jack

Sgt Jack Subscribing Member

Their Facebook page looks like a shit show in the making...

7. pahapoika

pahapoika Subscribing Member

totally bitch'n man ! :D:D:D

constable patch.jpg

Fuzzywuzzy likes this.
  8. Fuzzywuzzy

Fuzzywuzzy MassCops Member

Hey...don't be gettin' uppity. We got em' too! 522ff0d7553ba_240169b.jpg

pahapoika likes this.
  9. felony

felony MassCops Member

I hope they take laterals!

mtc, Edmizer1 and pahapoika like this.
  10. Chitownlost

Chitownlost Internet "expert"

Well if no one else is gonna ask, I guess I will.

Hats?

Tuna, samadam78 and pahapoika like this.
  11. Kilvinsky

Kilvinsky I think, therefore I'll never be promoted.

Of course each state is different. It seems that somehow, these guys have misunderstood their place in law enforcement. Constables serve a valuable function and are important members of the 'good guys' side, HOWEVER, they have a specific function that is unlike those Constables in other states, as Edmizer1 pointed out. These guys are classic whackers. I hate using that term; too many on this board have been TOO quick to label folks that way (and sadly, as I always point out, some of the biggest whackers ARE cops) but here is the all time definition of the term.

Not unlike that video that was floating around a few years back of the Constables at work that showed essentially NOTHING, but looked very exciting. I don't recall the company that it represented, but it was pretty funny, though NOT meant to be.

Edmizer1 likes this.
  12. pahapoika

If they were academy trained and held to regular training standards at least it would mean a couple more road details filled.

Lots of work this summer and jobs going unfilled. Really don't want to see flagmen out there.

13. Danusmc0321

Danusmc0321 MassCops Member

"We provide our own Constable violent fugitive apprehension team, know as C-VFAST" (*capias warrants only;)

I read their website out of curiosity, because I don't know much about their function. I know they serve civil papers and civil/ probate stuff. But the list of stuff they say they do, like reprocessing property, I've never heard of that before. Do they work for the state, or are they self employed? Can someone Barney break down what they do.

14. mpd61

mpd61 Federal Auxiliary Police

They may THINK they're law enforcement, but they ain't COPS!:eek:

15. zm88

zm88 MassCops Member

They have an image of them supposedly transporting a prisoner in one of their bat mobiles. I wonder if their insurrence carrier is aware of that.

16. Glockguy17

Glockguy17 MassCops Member

Right?? Along with blue lights and firearms....

17. LawMan3

LawMan3 Moderator Staff Member

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Glockguy17 and zm88 like this.
  18. Edmizer1

Edmizer1 MassCops Member

Little known fact is that there are actually two types of constables in Massachusetts. One type has to be insurance bonded and they can serve civil process for the general public. The other type of constable can only perform civil process directly on behalf of the city or town government that appoints them. Some towns appoint a police officer as a constable so they can get the occasional civil process issue handled but they are not authorized to handle public issues such as divorce paperwork or evictions. I am a constable for the town I work for but I'm only authorized to serve civil process for the town, usually for the town clerk.

Most traditional constables get appointed by the city or town and work as private entities. The do seize property as the result of a court order. The professional constables can make a VERY good living. Its a well kept secret how much money these guys make. For instance, I know of a constable that has agreements with several property management companies and law firms. He serves "Notices to Quit" to tenants which is the first step notice in the eviction process. The charge is $100 per notice for every adult at a residence. He can go from one apartment block to the next and hand out 20 -30 per night several times a week. This is only a small part of his business. He does prepare the notices and professionally handles all of the paperwork and record keeping so his clients are comfortable dealing with him. He is definitely not a whacker and does not want any issues with the police.

kdk240, Goose, Kilvinsky and 3 others like this.
  19. Pvt. Cowboy

Pvt. Cowboy Lemme take a selfie Staff Member

This dude makes $2k a night? GTFO...

pahapoika likes this.
  20. patrol22

patrol22 MassCops Member

Sign me up! Probably a tough field to break into though

Edmizer1 likes this.
  21. mpd61

Paper-pushing-prostitutes..................:rolleyes:

22. mpd61

23. Edmizer1

Edmizer1 MassCops Member

The Constables who prepare the paperwork, do record keeping, and serve the notices as a package make a very lucrative living.

24. pahapoika

Sounds like a nice retirement gig :cool:

25. pahapoika

I stand corrected !
    They do have an academy.
    It's a 5 day program with optional firearms program.
    $770.00

Much cheaper than self sponsor thru the F/T MPTC

Last edited: Aug 21, 2016