Mass State Police Hiring

Discussion in 'New England Area Law Enforcement' started by Tiponice, Apr 3, 2015.

1. Tiponice

Tiponice MassCops Member

2. Irishpride

Irishpride Subscribing Member

How the hell are they saying they are the oldest LE agency in the US? That's not even close to true.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Goose likes this.
  3. LawMan3

LawMan3 Moderator Staff Member

Perhaps they meant oldest state police agency. First and finest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtc and visible25 like this.
  4. visible25

visible25 MassCops Member

As Lawman said, MSP is oldest state police agency, just a mistype I'm sure

5. woodyd

woodyd MassCops Member

Is MSP leaving Civil Service or is this event just for people who are on the current CS list for them? I'll probably stop by to check it out but it seems odd to have a recruitment event for a job that where applicants are recruited through a test, that was given two years ago, and is not being given again until 2017.

6. FourInchFury

FourInchFury MassCops Member

How does this work? Show up between 9:00-1:00, fill out some paperwork, get issued your uniform, badge, and gear then become a Trooper?

[​IMG]

brk120, pahapoika and Goose like this.
  7. Danusmc0321

Danusmc0321 MassCops Member

Umm yeah... It is true they are hiring... Off the last CS test...and the people they are hiring are going through the process now for an "October" start.... I guess this is a wierd way getting the word out for people to take the next CS test they are on. Something tells me alot of people are going to be disapointed when they can't fill out an application and go to the academy.

8. mtc

mtc High Priestess Staff Member

I've NEVER known the company to use a recruitment service for sworns and civilians.

That looks like some kind of private company taking advantage of people who don't understand how the process works.

Maybe I'll attend... ;-)

pahapoika and Goose like this.
  9. Bloodhound

Bloodhound MassCops Member

10. Pvt. Cowboy

Pvt. Cowboy Lemme take a selfie Staff Member

Career fairs... I went to one, once. It was a complete fugazi, placed that wanted to hire sales reps to go door to door for stuff, but was advertised with big medical names like Johnson & Johnson as hiring.

I quickly left.

11. HistoryHound

HistoryHound Supporting Member

I hate career fairs. I went to one once while looking for a job and had a similar experience to Cowboy's. "Where are all the companies I've actually heard of?" On the other side, I was looking to fill some positions for a large, well known company that I worked for. I called one of the community colleges that had put on job fairs when I was there and asked when they were putting together the next one. As luck would have it, they gave me a date a week or so out. Wow, how fortunate. Until I got there and realized the person I spoke with didn't understand that a job fair usually has more than one prospective employer there and students know about it.

militia_man likes this.
  12. GARDA

GARDA Subscribing Member