Massachusetts Gangs

Discussion in 'Dispatch / Communications' started by Irishlacop, Feb 25, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Irishlacop

Irishlacop MassCops Member

Just wondering how active gangs are within Massachusetts. Being a police officer in LA, I am curious to see if any of our gangs are making it out as far as Boston? I know that MS 13 is very active, they are a big gang out here in Los Angeles.

2. kttref

kttref MassCops Member

There are many gangs in Boston. But Bridgeport, CT beats out all other towns/cities, per capita, on the East Coast for the number of gangs (well that information is 2 years old, but I can't imagine it has changed too much).

3. wordstew

wordstew MassCops Member

MS 13 indeed is active out here. I believe there has been several arrrests in South Boston

4. TripleSeven

TripleSeven Subscribing Member

Brockton, Fall River, New Bedford.... theres 3 that i know gangs are still active.

5. Irishlacop

These gangs that are active, what are they? Bloods/Crips, Hispanic? Just curious to see if there is any relation to the gangs out here. A lot of the East Coast gangs are knock offs of Los Angeles gangs.

What are some ways that you are combating gangs out there? One of the big weapons we have is gang injunctions. These are court orders that are served on the gang members that prevent them from hanging out together in certain areas, wearing their gang colors, having cell phones or pagers, etc. This is very effective.

6. kttref

kttref MassCops Member

I'm not sure specifically what is done in CT to combat gangs, as I am not in LE yet. But this is something I have always had a large interest in. Here are a listing of some gangs in and around CT, this listing is not exclusive.

"People" or "Folks"
    Asian Boyz
    Greenville Crips
    PPP (Purple Philippino Posse)
    Asian Family
    Jamaican Posse
    SuiCiDe Kings
    Bloods
    Crips
    Jungle Boys
    T-Street Playaz
    Brotherhood
    Jungle Brothers
    Texas Syndicate
    Brotherhood of the Struggle
    La Familia
    The Association
    Dominos
    La Hermandad de Pistoleros Latinos
    The Mob
    East Coast Crips
    Latin Kings/Queens
    Tiny Rascals Gang
    East-West Syndicate
    Latin Locos
    TRE'
    El Rukns
    Los Solidos
    Trigga Luv
    Elm City Boys
    The Hells Angles
    Tha Pagan
    The Bandidos
    The Outlaws
    20 Luv
    EME - Mexican Mafia
    Nations
    West Side Lynch Mob
    Exotic Foreign Crip Creation
    Ñeta
    Aryan Nation
    KKK (Ku Klux Klan)
    Black Hebrew Israelite (BHI)
    National Social White Peoples Party
    The Association
    BOWS (Brothers of White Strength)
    Church of the Creator Stormfront
    White Aryan Resistance
    The Nation of Gods and Earths
    The Order of Thulle
    Southeastern Gang Activities Group

Some that are listed on a seperate link in that website for CT (even though the above list states the same) are the following:

Almighty Latin King and Queen Nation, Almighty Latin King and Queen Charter Nation, Black Gangster Disciples, Bloods, Crips,(numerous sets of each), Gangster Disciples, East Coast Foreign Crips, 1% Motorcycle Clubs (Hells Angles, Branded Ones), Nation of Gods and Earths aka Five Percenters, Ku Klux Klan, La Ñeta, Los Solidos, Mara Salvatrucha, MS-18, MS-13, Skinheads, Straight Edgers, Vice Lords

Gangs in Prison - Aryan Brotherhood, Nation of Gods and Earths aka Five Percenters, Ñeta, Latin Kings, Los Solidos, 20 Luv, Nation, Mexican Mafia, Texas Syndicate

One note on that - "Straight Edgers" are NOT, I repeat NOT a gang. It is a lifestyle. While some people who are straightedge are rough around the edges on the East Coast they are not gang members. That is different in Salt Lake City and other Western Cities though.

Here are the gangs for MA:
    Almighty Latin King & Queen Nation, Asian Boyz, La Familia, La Neta, Latin Kings & Queen Charter Nation, Los Solidos, Skinheads, Tiny Rascal Gangsters, Great Circle Boyz, Nation of Gods and Earths AKA Five Percenters

Gangs in Prison - Aryan Brotherhood, Asian Boyz, Black Gangster Disciples, Black Guerrilla Family, Bloods Crips (numerous sets of each), Nation of Gods and Earths AKA Five Percenters, Jamaican Posses, Ku Klux Klan, La Familia, La Nuestra Familia, Ku Klux Klan, Latin Kings& Queen Charter Nation, Almighty Latin King & Queen Nation, La Neta, Skinheads, Vice Lords: Many of these gangs are also found to operate in the streets after release.

Enjoy.

7. BlackOps

BlackOps At your six

I'm in a gang and I love it. We all wear the same blue outfits and drive these cool black and white crown vics with all kinds of crazy electronics in the console. We have meetings every day at 0700, 1500, and 2300. To get in I had to go through a nasty 22 week orientation where we had to wear silly-looking kakhi outfits.

Haven't met a another gang out there that can keep up with us!

:twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil:

8. Irishlacop

There is always one in the group..........

9. JoninNH

JoninNH MassCops Member

:L: :t: I love it!

10. MVS

MVS Chapter 90 Enforcer

Just drive through Bridgeport, CT... you can see that it is a rat's nest from the highway.

11. kttref

kttref MassCops Member

Hey now! I live in the Bridgeport line...it's not that bad! They have good italian ice.

12. reno911_2004

reno911_2004 MassCops Member

Hey! We found a reason to go to Bridgeport! :D

13. kttref

kttref MassCops Member

Micalizzi Italian Ice
    712 Madison Ave.
    Bridgeport, 06606
    (203) 366-2353

C'mon down! My treat!

14. USMCMP5811

USMCMP5811 Administrator Staff Member

BlackOps,

I'm in a gang to, or patch and tatoo consist of an Eagle, Globe, and Ancor. My gang has been around as of Nov 10, 1775. Once your in, your in, you will never get out. Our colors are Scarlet and Gold.
    :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

15. MVS

MVS Chapter 90 Enforcer

Will you take us to the Barnum Museum too? :shock:

16. kttref

kttref MassCops Member

Of course I will! Granted, I haven't been there since I was a kid but why not! :jestera:

I see you're well versed on Bridgeport.

17. MVS

MVS Chapter 90 Enforcer

Yep, I spent a couple days there - learned a bit about the area... scary place..

I almost got into a fight there with a recenlty released convict (he stated this and had the tatt's to prove it) who was picking a fight with a kid cleaning the floors at McDonalds. He called the kid various derogatory names (the kid was hispanic) and got into his face. So I got in this shitbirds face and told him to take it elsewhere - that scared the shi# out of my wife as she was with me. After a few words he left... then my wife beat me up. :shock:

Although I might go down there for a Minor League game "Bridgeport Bluefish" this summer...

18. kttref

kttref MassCops Member

Yeah I've had a few Latin King/Queens after me in my time...when you're a teenager and one of the movie theaters is in Bridgeport you get in some decent "arguments"...but it's something I've always lived with, so it doesn't bother me any. Which is why in Springfield I almost got in a fight with some Latin Queen and my husband was flipping out because he didn't think I knew who she was. I think it's hysterical.

The bluefish are great - only about 2 miles from my house. We're going to go to a few games this summer probably as well. One of the old catchers was also a teacher in my high school.

19. Irishlacop

So......... I guess by the numerous replies, there really isn't a gang problem in Massachusetts or those who have replied aren't aware of any?

Thanks and take care

20. massirishcop

massirishcop MassCops Member

I believe ms-13 is very active in Somerville as well as Everett.

21. Channy1984

Channy1984 Subscribing Member

I got lost driving through bridgeport two years ago to visiting a friend in Fairfield. The housing development areas feel like a foreign country for some reason.

22. kttref

kttref MassCops Member

Yeah, unless you know the area (like every city) it's easy to get lost. And in Bridgeport it's easy to forget there are nice affluent towns on either side. North Bridgeport is actually really nice though.

Regardless, I live in Fairfield. Did you like it? Ah...PM me if you want, I realize I'm talking far too much about Bpo and FFLD...kind of off topic.

23. wordstew

wordstew MassCops Member

Recently in Taunton MA I believe there was an arrest of some CRIPS. An article in the paper said something about a robbery at the Shaws supermarket

24. LA Copper

LA Copper Subscribing Member

That is true about MS being in Somerville and Everett. A few of their officers were out here in LA a few months back. They were riding with our gang unit in Rampart Division to learn more about the gang. MS started in Rampart Area. We have quite a few of them here. MS and 18th Street are Rampart's biggest gangs. They hate each other and are always shooting at each other. I'm told that a bunch of them went east and ended up in Mass. They are pretty violent so don't underestimate them.

25. MVS

MVS Chapter 90 Enforcer

I read an article on MS-13's in the "POLICE" Magazine, very informative.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.