Massachusetts State Police RTT history

Discussion in 'State Police' started by Rock, Nov 18, 2010.

1. Rock

Rock Undefined

Anyone know where I can find a comprehensive history of every MSP RTT 1 - 79? I just got to thinking of how long it's been since a class went through and I'm curious what the record is. Admittedly I only did a half ass google search. I think I remember our boy "sorry" Charlie Baker during the election say Devil P will have the distinctive honor of not putting a class through for the longest time since WWII.

Either way it's interesting stuff and would be great to take a look at. First RTT in 1921 I believe. Bring it on history buffs.
  2. LGriffin

LGriffin Mother Führer

Word is, Deville has funding for a class of illegals to replace to 900+ eligible to retire:smoke:
  3. HistoryHound

HistoryHound Supporting Member

I've had the pleasure of being able to spend a little quality time with William Powers' "French and Electric Blue" and "Enforcement Odyssey". If I remember correctly, the last time there was this long of a gap was during WWII. I'm pretty sure if another class doesn't get in soon, we will have a new record. If no one else can come up with a more concrete answer, I'll see if I can persuade my friend to give me another peek at the books.
  4. 263FPD

263FPD Administrator Staff Member

Been a while for an RTT.

I would imagine it would go something like;

"Long ago, in an Academy Far, Far away......."

And the 80th?????
    [​IMG]

5. LGriffin

LGriffin Mother Führer

263, PLEASE tell me "they lived happily ever after!"

[​IMG]
  6. 263FPD

Yup, sometime after 2012, after the overthrow of Emperor Obama and Darth Patrick, they all lived happily ever after. That is until Obama found ound out that he was an evil ass baby fathered by Nancy Pelosi and carried to maturity in the ass of Ted Kenedy.

Disclaimer: sorry its been a long shift. I am getting a tad silly.
  7. Rock

Rock Undefined

The ass of Ted Kenedy lives!!!!!!!

Disturbing.
  8. Pvt. Cowboy

Pvt. Cowboy Lemme take a selfie Staff Member

Actually I had heard the same info regarding WWII. That was the last time a governor (beside Deval) hadn't sworn in any new Troopers during his 4 year term.
  9. Rock

Rock Undefined

Just further adding to this douche bags legacy.

I am still curious about what year each RTT went through. HH, I've been hearing about those books for years now but I've never seen one.
  10. RodneyFarva

RodneyFarva Get off my lawn!

Rock, amazon! [ame=http://www.amazon.com/Enforcement-Odyssey-Massachusetts-Police-History/dp/1563113880/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1290094211&sr=8-6]Amazon.com: Enforcement Odyssey, The Massachusetts State Police, A History (9781563113888): William F. Powers: Books: Reviews, Prices & more[/ame]

law enforcement odyssey is a great read, its pretty much a continuation of the french and electric blue.
  11. HistoryHound

The curiosity was killing me so, I asked for another peek at the books. I'm only missing the graduation dates for 74th, 75th & 76th. RTTs 1-73 are from the William Powers' books, 77-79 are from the EOPSS website. It looks like the
    longest gap was between the 30th 2/24/1942 and the 31st 6/16/1947. But in French and Electric Blue, Powers mentions Emergency Temporary State Police Officers ETSPOs. From what I gathered, these were emergency appointments to fill vacancies between 1945-46 and were WWII vets. Not sure about the 31st, but I did make a note that the recruits from the 32nd were taken from the ETSPOs. I didn't spend a lot of time reading the book today. The spine still cracks when you open it & I didn't want to risk damaging it. I know that makes me sound like a super nerd, what can I say.
  12. 78thrifleman

78thrifleman Smurf theft victim

I have one... I'll bring it in for you.
  13. TopCop24

TopCop24 Working in the land of misfit toys

The books are a must own for any Trooper, good luck finding them though. I have Enforcement Odyssey, no such luck with French and Electric Blue though
  14. mtc

mtc High Priestess Staff Member

74th was June '99
    75th Winter 99

76th.... I'd guess '00 sometime or '01 ??

I'm certain on the 74th / 75th - I "broke in" with them. Good good times, and some awfully scary moments.
  15. 263FPD

Wow!!! Look how many classes in a short period. How many under pussy Deval????

Never mind, rhetorical question. We all know the anwer to this.

I hust wish that one of these days when he is deep-throating his pal Barack, he could choke to death.

---------- Post added at 18:35 ---------- Previous post was at 18:33 ----------

This shit keeps up, MSP will have to start taking latterals just to fill in the gaps.
    My hat is off to all you Troopers, you are definately doing more with less, but then again so are we.
  16. TopCop24

TopCop24 Working in the land of misfit toys

76th graduated September of 02
  17. USM C-4

USM C-4 MassCops Member

Crap, I remember working midnights in Plymouth in the late 80's when there were two troopers out of D-7 covering Plymouth to Barnstable to I dunno, like Swansea or something. We used to work lots of wrecks on Rte. 3 when they were already tied up on another one.

In the 90's that became lots more than two... we'd see them downtown, on the waterfront, etc. Sad to hear it's dwindled again... with a whole lot more calls, people, even highway miles to cover.
  18. Killjoy

Killjoy Zombie Hunter

Incorrect. 75th RTT graduated December 2000.

They never run two RTT's simultaneously. Sometimes they will run an SSPO class and an RTT at the same time.
  19. Simon

Simon Guest

79th RTT will forever be known as "The last class before Deval consolidated the msp with the mbta".
  20. Eagle13

Eagle13 Lurking for a bit...

It would be interesting to have it all laid out for the world to see.
  21. TRPDiesel

TRPDiesel MassCops Member

HH,
    Good work, To finish you list I think that these are the dates.
    74th RTT 8/27/99
    75th RTT 12/8/00
    76th RTT 8/23/02
    80th RTT 12/23/2016
  22. HistoryHound

So just to put things in perspective, during the WWII years this state went 5 years, 2 months and 22 days (give or take a day) without a graduating RTT. If another class doesn't graduate before Dec. 14, 2011, we will have gone 5 years, 2 months and 23 days without a graduating RTT. So, in effect, deval will have prevented a class longer than hitler prevented a class.
  23. TRPDiesel

TRPDiesel MassCops Member

Day one has to start on or before June 20, 2011 for that to happen. I won't hold my breath for that.
  24. Pvt. Cowboy

Pvt. Cowboy Lemme take a selfie Staff Member

Soon we will find out...

Who has affected the declining numbers of the MSP more...

Hitler, or Deval?
  25. 263FPD

Are you talking about Deval's large intestine pulled out of his ass the hard way?

---------- Post added at 20:46 ---------- Previous post was at 20:39 ----------

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]