mbta academy

Discussion in 'Academy Information' started by josephjohn, Jan 20, 2013.

1. USMCMP5811

USMCMP5811 Administrator Staff Member

[​IMG]

Threads merged.

2. Johnny Law

Johnny Law Nemo me impune lacessit Staff Member

You can expect that at least ONE member here is MBTA and you can expect that person to take an active interest in your first day there JJ. Have fun

3. 263FPD

263FPD Administrator Staff Member

That there is the next recruit who will be running to the Herald with horrific stories of Hostess Cupcakes and burnt coffee.

I got to hand it to you JJ. Balls the size of watermelons. Common sense on the other hand, not so much.

Back when I went through academy, there was no forum to ask inane questions. And yet people made it through just fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LawMan3 and USMCMP5811 like this.
  4. 263FPD

Oh and by the way, there is no way I am locking this thread. This is gold, 24K gold.

LawMan3, lofu, USMCMP5811 and 5 others like this.
  5. mtc

mtc High Priestess Staff Member

HEY !!! You promised to give your whips and chains to ME !!! :confused:

honor, USMCMP5811, LawMan3 and 3 others like this.
  6. josephjohn

josephjohn MassCops Member

Thanks , didn't mean to come off ignorant , just looking for some new heads up, apologize for the way it was written.

7. Tuna

Tuna Always entertained

Bring your knee pads and vasoline. I know full well what's going to happen when the Cadre gets wind of your posts. especially the disrespectfull one.

frapmpd24 and USMCMP5811 like this.
  8. kwflatbed

kwflatbed Subscribing Member MC1+MC2 +MC3 111K+Poster

josephjohn, extraspecialofficer says: There is room on the bus for you !!

[​IMG]

Code 3 likes this.
  9. mtc

mtc High Priestess Staff Member

I have a good friend/coworker/member here, who I "met" here on MC - she was asking for info on the testing and application process to our job, she's the sweetest person and truly "real" - but not knowing her at the time I politely explained that I couldn't in good conscience give her any tips to getting hired over someone else - a "leg up" so to speak.
    She didn't get hired first time around, but persisted and got hired the next time.

In the world of street cops - competance - or the lack thereof, can get people killed.

Do your due diligence, run your ass off, expect nightmares and be happy with bad dreams.

Do NOT - go all pussy and whine if your academy peeps out you for your shortsighted postings.

This is our "lounge" - where we hang out - laugh - bitch - share info - spank a noob, this isn't "How to get a leg up on the competition.com" .

Another tidbit of info - respect your dispatcher - but don't make them do your job for you.

Now get off the computer and run !!

LawMan3, USMCMP5811 and adroitcuffs like this.
  10. adroitcuffs

adroitcuffs Subscribing Member

For a moment, I'll just look past your poor grammar. Apologize for the way it was written? You come off like an ignorant arse and apologize for the way it was written? Oh, you have so very much to learn... :rolleyes:

USMCMP5811 likes this.
  11. 263FPD

You have been a member since 2/2011. If you read this forum, you know how this goes. Your initial question was answered several times. We can't spoon feed you. Everyone's experience is different. It is a good academy. It turns out very good cops. iWork with a few of them. That is all you need to know.

USMCMP5811 and adroitcuffs like this.
  12. GMass

GMass Guest

Dude, its common fucking sense. Run, put your name on everything, and run some more.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

USMCMP5811 and 263FPD like this.
  13. Killjoy

Killjoy Zombie Hunter

No.

cchc28, LawMan3, frank and 2 others like this.
  14. josephjohn

josephjohn MassCops Member

Again sorry for sounding ignorant, came out wrong, thanks for the info .

15. Code 3

Code 3 Supporting Member

"So stay quiet" TeeHee :D

16. USMCMP5811

USMCMP5811 Administrator Staff Member

No your not, you self-entitled prick. let me clue you in on something junior, That long standing member whom you got disrespectful towards has already walked and lived where you wish to tread. So much so, that they've recently retired off the job.

Now let's see, I believe the day one record over on Sea St. for day 1 is somewhere in the 45 minutes or less. That's right, in less than 45 minutes into Day 1, some cocky fuck like you up and quit because they couldn't hack it.

I got odds that you may become the new record for the
    [​IMG]

17. samadam78

samadam78 MassCops Member

Get ready for hardest 26 weeks of your life freak!

lofu and Code 3 like this.
  18. dave7336

dave7336 MassCops Member

The way the academies are today, he may actually be in the right place...remember this is the pc generation and those who have never heard the word NO,

19. BIG IRISH

BIG IRISH MassCops Member

JJ you poor, dumb, ignorant, young, stupid, entitled, self-centered, pompous ASSCLOWN!!!! Your stress level for Day 1 just went into overdrive!!! You'll remember it forever!!!

LawMan3 likes this.
  20. BxDetSgt

BxDetSgt MassCops Member

Don't ask stupid questions, never ask stupid questions twice.

USMCMP5811 and lofu like this.
  21. niteowl1970

niteowl1970 Moderator Staff Member

So questions like "when do we eat" should be avoided?

LawMan3 and BxDetSgt like this.
  22. Code 3

Code 3 Supporting Member

Is the ticket valid if I'm not wearing my cover?

BxDetSgt likes this.
  23. dave7336

dave7336 MassCops Member

24. Delta784

Delta784 Guest

I've often joked about it, actually considered it a couple of times, but I'm now absolutely, 100%, count-me-in committed to being there, if the academy staff allows me, for Day One of the T Academy, should "josephjohn" be accepted to the academy, and "outed".

It might be a bit cold for a lawn chair and cooler, but I wouldn't miss that free entertainment for anything.

USMCMP5811, Hush and mtc like this.
  25. GMass

GMass Guest

Unless they run another instance of two classes at once with offset start dates, they won't be starting another class until Julyish at the earliest, as the current class is just two weeks deep.
    That gives them more than enough time to figure out who this twit is (and judging by his post history, won't be hard. That also gives Delta enough time to pick out a real comfy chair and matching cooler for the day.

LawMan3, Delta784, USMCMP5811 and 3 others like this.