MGH Police

Discussion in 'University & Campus Police' started by beantown617, Apr 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kilvinsky

Kilvinsky Will Work for Beer

263, as I've stated so many times, I LOVE websites (all kinds-:rolleyes:) but never knew they had one. Pretty well put together. I rarely see a hospital pd or security department with one. Hospitals tend to want to hide the fact that they need anyone to protect them.

I know from speaking to various people and various posts here on MassCops that MGH have some sworn, some not but both catagories are considered equal employees. I'm not sure how that works, but hopefully it's to the benefit of the non-sworn instead of to the detriment of the sworn.

Good sized agency in a busy setting and the pay is well known to be decent. Benefits aren't bad either.

I kind of feel bad for beantown for all the abuse he took, but looking at his/her latest post, I'm not sure he/she even read any of the repllies. Either beantown is one thickskinned s.o.b. and lets jabs and zings roll off his/her back, or is totally clueless and simply didn't even read any of them-or didn't get the joke.

Either way, WELL DONE BEANTOWN, you used your resources and did the leg work yourself. I won't slam you. :teeth_smile:

Plus all those other ones were too damn good. I refuse to compete!
  2. BrickCop

BrickCop Subscribing Member

Ok sounds logical.

So they're gonna send recruits through a F/T academy and immediately assign these rookie officers a newly created anti terrorist/SWAT unit? Doesn't sound logical.

They'll equip said rookie officers with "assault" rifles and the Transit Police (and union) will be voluntarily turning over their work to MGH police, whose personnel may or may not be armed, or may or may not have a F/T academy.

Edit: Your entire post defies logic.

Note: I am not knocking the MGH job but I'm sure their guys don't appreciate it when the hockey helmet wearing types make goofy posts on their behalf.
  3. Kilvinsky

Mea Culpa. I didn't fully read the latest post by beantown. BrickCop, you picked it apart perfectly. I only read part of it, it sounded good. Had I read the WHOLE thing....

You're over all critique is right on target!

Look at the Grouse!
  4. csauce777

csauce777 Supporting Member

Uh huh.
  5. Irishpride

Irishpride Subscribing Member

So does that mean MGH police are going to become Troopers?
  6. csauce777

Yep...part of the T merge.
  7. mpd61

mpd61 Federal Auxiliary Police

Thaks sauce...
    Just spewed my coffee all over the carpet!
  8. Gizzard Burger

Gizzard Burger New Member

noone has answred yet about the 4-2 or bennies, i am looking for work in this field but i am hesistant to take some lame-o gig with R/I academy, we all know the real money is MPTC. also my cousin works there, he said the admin is fools.:stomp:
  9. a76589

a76589 MassCops Member

If their website it updated, she still is
  10. pahapoika

pahapoika Subscribing Member

been 10 years since i've been over there.

good guys that took care of us when we had to sit on inmates.

busy place , but it's safe and traffic is kept moving for the constant flow of ambulances.

looks like MGH Police is doing a very good job.

bit skeptical about taking over a T station and SWAT team........................

not saying their not capable officers. it's just hospital administers wouldn't want the liability, plus Boston and T police would have something to say too :shades_smile:
  11. csauce777

Welcome :)
  12. Delta784

Delta784 Guest

By any chance are you the Dunkin Donuts employee who told my today "I'm taking the test on April 30th, I'm going to be working with you soon"?
  13. niteowl1970

niteowl1970 Moderator Staff Member

[​IMG]
  14. csauce777

Did you reply..."oh, nice, welcome to the FORCE!"
  15. Kilvinsky

Better yet, "Hey, just to let you know, when you get on, put in for sergeant right away. They're always looking for new, young and eager blood since none of the veteran officers want the job. Drop by and see the Chief, maybe today and let him know to hold on to a few cheverons for you."
  16. Gizzard Burger

Gizzard Burger New Member

i didn't mean to sound like a tool, teh job does seem like a good way to get a foot in the door...if they do have changes on the horizon i bet it must be for a reason, must be a lot of actvity here
  17. LawMan3

LawMan3 Moderator Staff Member

WHO the F*CK are you and where did that come from?! Awful picky aren't we? You already have a terrible attitude. I'd recommend you go to the GFY academy...it seems that it will suit you much better. :redcarded:

---------- Post added at 16:59 ---------- Previous post was at 16:57 ----------

That ship's already sailed, jizzburger. There's only one chance to make a good first impression and you blew it.
  18. MSP75

MSP75 Guest

There are two "Shift" keys on your keyboard. They work well in conjunction with the letter keys. This is especially true at the beginning of each sentence. Next weeks lesson will be sentence structure. Grammar skills are prerequisites for report writing. They used to be required to graduate school.

Sent from my Droid Incredible using Tapatalk.
  19. beantown617

beantown617 New Member

Hey chicken gizzard can you please ask your cousin if there are any cool calls such as shots fired, assault with deadly weapon or narcotic raids? There must be a lot of detective work, is there any types of special units that handle these cases? I assume with a lot of narcotics on property there is a k9 unit or bomb sniffing robot on site? I heard in the herald with the new building going up with radioactive material the officers are going to need to wear some sort of protective garment? I called HR and was told the starting pay is in the 50k neighborhood. A lot of overtime, so much that you can double you're first year salary like nothing. Place looks like it is the place to work if you want to make madd cake and get into brawls everyday.
  20. TacEntry

TacEntry MassCops Member

You're outta your mind dude.
  21. niteowl1970

MASSCOPS is a hell of a drug !
  22. Kilvinsky

What did the five fingers say to the Noob?
  23. cc3915

cc3915 Masscops Angel Staff Member

[​IMG]
  24. Kilvinsky

cc, I love the poster, but I have a feeling niteowl will get what I'm looking for.

That really is a great poster. It got better on my second look!
  25. niteowl1970

[​IMG]

Colddddd Blooded !!!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.