Missing section to CS Exam?

Discussion in 'Civil Service' started by santana, Mar 28, 2017.

1. santana

santana MassCops Member

A friend asked me if it was normal to only have 2 sections in the test. They were down in Attleboro this past week and the test they had only had Ability and Work, it didn't have Life portion of the test. I remember mine from a long time ago having 3 parts, so I was a little stumped.

Did anyone hear something like this as well? He was pretty sure the woman said the test had 2 parts...

Thanks

Last edited: Mar 28, 2017
  2. rteixeira

rteixeira New Member

All tests regardless of location contained all three parts of the LEAB Exam; Ability Test, Work Styles Questionnaire and the Life Experience Survey. I'm sure the test administrator just misspoke.

3. woodyd

woodyd MassCops Member

Mine had three parts- ability, work and life. Did your friend's test actually only have two sections, or was it just that the test admin said it had two? If it only had two sections, he should get in touch with CS, because he is missing a section and probably won't pass with only two sections completed.
    On a related note, does anyone know if they score the work styles in conjunction with the LES? What I mean by this is that my understanding of the WSQ is that they look for consistency, and definitive answers. Ie, they want your answers to be Strongly Agree or Strongly Disagree, and not to contradict each other. That all makes sense. I wonder though if they also look at the LES answers, and match those with the WSQ, to look for further consistency.

4. santana

santana MassCops Member

I asked a few people from that test if they had 2 or 3, so far all said 2.

He contacted CS the day of, hopefully they figure it out...

Thanks for the feedback

5. ClintEastwood4Sheriff

ClintEastwood4Sheriff MassCops Member

Mine had all 3 sections, I was at the Attleboro site.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. sf1530

sf1530 MassCops Member

Nope I had all three

7. Shenanigans

Shenanigans MassCops Member

I may be wrong.... but the Ability section was on the front of the scantron answer sheet. It has its own "box" for the Ability answers. The WSQ and LES were both on the back of the scantron and the sections were not separated on the answer sheet so maybe that's why they think there were only two sections?

8. me823

me823 MassCops Member

I was in Attleboro and had 3 sections

9. HuskyH-2

HuskyH-2 G-Rap made me do it!

10. Pvt. Cowboy

Pvt. Cowboy Lemme take a selfie Staff Member

Can't count to 3.

Gets hired.

11. Rogergoodwin

Rogergoodwin MassCops Member

I saw a guy on blue hill Ave selling the life experience section of the test. Being as sharp as I am, I suspected they were hot.

woodyd likes this.
  12. Rogergoodwin

They were separated. You had to start at question 1 all over again.

13. santana

santana MassCops Member

CS got back to him this week, that was what confused him... 2 sides, not 3 side...

Thanks for the reply

14. Shenanigans

Shenanigans MassCops Member

ahh, the ol' 3-sided scantron. Haven't seen one in years.

Goose, unexpo, Bloodhound and 2 others like this.
  15. Rogergoodwin

You hang out with a lot of confused people.

woodyd likes this.
  16. Drm122388

Drm122388 New Member

There are 3. first one is on the front side of the scantron, and the other two are on the back side of the scantron. If you read the directions at the beginning of each portion it told you exactly where to answer the question on the scantron.

17. santana

santana MassCops Member

Sure is alot of small town trolling going on for no good reason.

18. Rogergoodwin

For me, the trolling became justified when you falsely claimed everyone you spoke too only got 2 sections.

Shenanigans and HeyNewGuy like this.