Massachusetts Cop Forum banner
161 - 180 of 248 Posts
Apparently the job still hasn't finalized whether the patch or the state seal will be on the door. Maybe the colonel is actually going to listen to her workers and stick with the seal. Another thing I heard is that the cruisers are going to be "wrapped" and not painted french and electric blue.

I believe, "SP971" is the Explorer mock up - ie - prototype.

I don't think they've sent any "Interceptor"'s painted up. Listing comes back as an Exploder.

STILL going to cause the sheeple to bitch about Troopers driving SUV's... though I HOPE to see them take a buttfucking at 90MPH better than the 'Vic's did.

Certainly better than the Interceptor sedans.
971 is indeed a full-blown Interceptor in the capable hands of a Trooper at SP Holden. The departments that have non-Interceptor Explorers usually put light bars on top of the luggage racks and the civilian wheels... very easy to spot. You can see the Michigan SP base paint in the door frames, but the French and Electric Blue is on the exterior.

We're due for Ford Fusion hybrids. Any comments? Me, I don't care, as long as I'm not paying for the gas and upkeep and I'm not driving something I'd be embarassed by (a Yugo, a Peugot, one of those new Fiat things) I don't care.

Funny. The retired/reserve/specials (people who work details/parades/etc, and do ZERO police work) at my PD always get the OLDEST cars.
I don't see what is so funny about that. I think that is pretty normal for the most part in any PD that has reserve officers.

Our dept. is a little different in the fact that the Reserves can pretty much drive whatever is avail. Typically the older cars (if you consider 2-3 years old, old) are only avail but the new cars or a rare occasion are.

Sounds like your Dept. simply does not utilize it's Reserves like ours does. It also sounds like you have some animosity towards Part Time\Reserve officers as well but that's your thing.

We're due for Ford Fusion hybrids. Any comments? Me, I don't care, as long as I'm not paying for the gas and upkeep and I'm not driving something I'd be embarassed by (a Yugo, a Peugot, one of those new Fiat things) I don't care.
I agree wholeheartedly.....I have a little more than 8 years to go, and I couldn't give a rat's ass less what they give me to drive, provided it has working A/C and a working AM/FM stereo.

Just about every arrest I make is going to be dismissed or CWOF'ed at court, and refusing to stop for the police is an arrestable $100 civil infraction that will be dismissed on payment of court costs, so why the hell should I care if I can actually get to calls quickly or chase after bad guys?

Give me an electric car with a top speed of 20mph, why should I care any different?

I agree wholeheartedly.....I have a little more than 8 years to go, and I couldn't give a rat's ass less what they give me to drive, provided it has working A/C and a working AM/FM stereo.
quote].
Two VERY important things in a car. That and seats that are comfortable and recline a bit (NOT all the way, I don't go that far). Some of our guys would love to see black and whites. I don't care and tell them so. PINK? No, Orange with spots? NO, but as long as the damn car doesn't look really stupid, I'm not fussy about the markings either. Professional, yes; LAPD, BPD, MSP, no, just not stupid, comfortable in all weather and not paid for by ME. That's all I really need. Oh, and can handle snow. I've gotten stuck far too often in those damn front wheel drive Crown Victorias and I'm sick of it.

Though that year a bunch of drunks tried to push me out of the snow was funny until I realized how likely it would be that one of those morons slipped under the wheels. My colleagues just stood off to the side and laughed their asses off

Funny. The retired/reserve/specials (people who work details/parades/etc, and do ZERO police work) at my PD always get the OLDEST cars.
Sniper with the uppercut.....

[/quote]Sounds like your Dept. simply does not utilize it's Reserves like ours does. It also sounds like you have some animosity towards Part Time\Reserve officers as well but that's your thing. [/quote]

.......CJIS with the counter and right jab

That and seats that are comfortable and recline a bit (NOT all the way, I don't go that far).
Does anyone know how the new vehicles fare when it comes to their seats?

My 2011 Vic with 36,000+ has a seat that has already turned into a wooden bench. I probably weigh around 215 lbs. in full gear but you would think by looking at the seat that I am the size of a fucking Buick.

Like this one, spotted at the AG's office?

Edit: That's an escape.... but the same
That looks like a sharp vehicle.

Random side note: If you guys ever need a rental car go with the Escape (especially in the snow). It's great for carrying vacation gear and is surprisingly comfortable. Also if someone gave me an Escape to patrol in I would not complain. The high speed shit might get iffy, but it would be way better than the Crown Vic.

Reactions: LawMan3
161 - 180 of 248 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.