My daughter is a cadet in western Ma.

Discussion in 'Ask A Cop' started by TT hvac, Sep 16, 2016.

1. TT hvac

TT hvac New Member

She work’s nights an goes to school day’s . she is 130 on a wet day but vary fit
    She had a task test where she had to move 150 L.B, bag in 14 sc. She failed only that task by 3 sc. now she wants to know what part of the body should she work on for the task and how to prep for it. I’m vary surprised she failed this task, Yes she is small but works hard @ being in shape

2. pahapoika

pahapoika Subscribing Member

I'd say basic upper body weight routine plus getting a 150lb bag and keep dragging it up and down the driveway ;)

My best to the young lady and good luck .

visible25 likes this.
  3. cvboy

cvboy MassCops Member

Practice is the answer. I remember similar test for the fire exam. She may not be used to crouching and dragging something heavy.. which requires upper body and leg strength. Replicate the weight, using a duffel bag, and measure the distance in your drive way.. and time the test... I would practice it after work out... the reason being... is that she may conduct this part of the police test after having finished other pt test exercise... ad could already be tired... this would help her with the endurance aspect of it...

4. TT hvac

TT hvac New Member

Thank you vary help full

5. Pvt. Cowboy

Pvt. Cowboy Lemme take a selfie Staff Member

Squats, seated rows.

Squats to build the hamstrings and glutes, making the drag easier. Seated rows to build back muscles to pull the dummy and have enough muscle to endure the weight.

6. mtc

mtc High Priestess Staff Member

Listen to Cowboy - he knows better than most.