New and Improved MassCops.com

Discussion in 'MassCops News' started by Peter T Davis, Jan 7, 2012.

1. Hank Moody

Hank Moody Duder Staff Member

Thanks for all your hard work Peter.

2. MSP75

MSP75 Guest

I like it. It has a good look to it.

3. cc3915

cc3915 Masscops Angel Staff Member

The subforums are visible in a popup by hovering over the small arrow. A little cleaner looking I think.

4. mtc

mtc High Priestess Staff Member

I don't mean to sound ungrateful... but it's slow as shit!

trueblue likes this.
  5. Delta784

Delta784 Guest

Ugh.....yeah, not a fan. I have no issues with the speed, I just don't like the layout.

Also, what happened to the MassCops Gold section?

USMCMP5811 and BLUE BLOOD like this.
  6. cc3915

cc3915 Masscops Angel Staff Member

It's a subforum under "shooting the breeze".

7. ShmitDiesel

ShmitDiesel Radio

It's still there. Hover your mouse over the little down arrow next to sub-forums.

cc3915 likes this.
  8. Peter T Davis

Peter T Davis Webmaster Staff Member

Yea, I need to rework the logo in Photoshop a bit to make it look like it fits. Problem with that is that I'm about as good with graphic design as Obama is with the economy. Well, I shouldn't say that, I'm pretty sure I'll have something at least half way decent way before four years are up. :D

9. CJIS

CJIS MassCops Member

This is going to take a while to get used too. Not sure if I am liking it.

Update: I Got a random error message about Java not wroking. Bug?

10. mtc

mtc High Priestess Staff Member

I needa tutorial to find my way around !! LOST!! o_O

11. OfficerObie59

OfficerObie59 Public Trough Feeder

I used Tapatalk quite frequently, so the plugin would be much appreciated. While it has less features, I found it much more stable than the Masscops iPhone App which I stopped using about the third time it crashed while I was 1/2 way through a post.

12. USMCMP5811

USMCMP5811 Administrator Staff Member

I'm posting this from my phone as I cant access this through IE at this time. IE is my only otion for a browser at my "other" residence. Is tjere still glitches?

13. kwflatbed

kwflatbed Subscribing Member MC1+MC2 +MC3 109K+Poster

It may look cleaner but the old version was much better from a posting stand point,
    Twice the work involved posting like I do.

14. kwflatbed

IsThe Green Room password protected , it is showing in the newest posts ???

15. kwflatbed

I am missing the chat box, is it coming back ???

16. HistoryHound

HistoryHound Supporting Member

Is there a way to pm someone that I'm just not seeing? Probably is, I don't adapt to computer change well.

I'm sure someone around here can help you with Photoshop if you need it. If no one steps up, I may just know a guy or have an alternate personality that can do that stuff.

17. Peter T Davis

Yea, the private messaging system is actually one of the cool things about this software. Once you see it, I think you'll see how much better it is. Click on someone's avatar, then click Start a Conversation.

HistoryHound likes this.
  18. Peter T Davis

Sure, we can get a chat box.

19. Nuke_TRT

Nuke_TRT Stirrer of the Pot

If you had it saved as a bookmark, then you may want to delete the old bookmark, and then add www.masscops.com back. It looks like Peter changed the forum.php to index.php

20. USMCMP5811

USMCMP5811 Administrator Staff Member

The computer at my "Other Residence" gets re-set every night. no bookmarks are saved, neither are cookies or other such stuff.

21. USM C-4

USM C-4 MassCops Member

Thanks for all the hard work, Peter! I'll take some time and poke around, and I now want to try out tapatalk on my iphone, so we'll see how that goes.

Any way to show more entries per page when I click on Whats New? I get like 16 per page, and I'd like to get 50, or even all on one big page.

It'll be fun to play with, looking forward to seeing what else the new software can do.

22. BrickCop

BrickCop Subscribing Member

Greetings Peter...I have a request which I think is very reasonable. Could you enable a brief vid clip of a bikini model doing jumping jacks to appear whenever someone sends or receives a 'Like' to one of their posts? I was going to ask for a similar clip of a pistol being fired but that of course would be inappropriate on a public forum.

23. kwflatbed

I can't get anything to come up using the search.

24. Pvt. Cowboy

Pvt. Cowboy Lemme take a selfie Staff Member

Nice work Pete.

When I use Tapatalk, it shows the first post in a thread, as opposed to the last like it used to. Is that something I can change in my preferences or on your end?

kwflatbed likes this.
  25. EMTFORHIRE

EMTFORHIRE MassCops Member

Definitely much cleaner looking. Is there a way to add the number of times a person has posted so we can see if someone if just trolling through or a common poster like we used to have on the right of a post?