New and Improved MassCops.com

Discussion in 'MassCops News' started by Peter T Davis, Jan 7, 2012.

1. TopCop24

TopCop24 Working in the land of misfit toys

Definately looks great, but it will take some time getting adjusted

2. Peter T Davis

Peter T Davis Webmaster Staff Member

I'll have to find the setting for that, should be possible just don't know where yet.

I need to rebuild the search index. It will make the server sluggish while I'm doing that, so I'm waiting for a quiet moment to get that going.

I changed a setting in Tapatalk, let me know if it was the right one or not.

You can see a person's post count, and more info about them, if you click on the avatar.

EMTFORHIRE likes this.
  3. ShmitDiesel

ShmitDiesel Radio

What about "users who have read this thread" for subscribing members?

4. Pvt. Cowboy

Pvt. Cowboy Lemme take a selfie Staff Member

Sorry to say Pete, but it didn't work. When I open the thread, it scrolls to the last post, but when viewing the threads it shows the original post.

Thanks for working on this for us!

5. Peter T Davis

I think there's a mod that does that.
    Is that on Tapatalk? It's still doing the same thing it was before?

6. CJIS

CJIS MassCops Member

Same here Harry seems it will only show most recent posts since the change over.

Like Peter says though he will try fixing it when there is some down time so I guess for now we wait.

7. Pvt. Cowboy

Pvt. Cowboy Lemme take a selfie Staff Member

Affirm. It shows only the first post in the thread in Tapatalk.

8. Kilvinsky

Kilvinsky I think, therefore I'll never be promoted.

For two days I couldn't log on. I wondered, "Did I earn a ride on the BAN BUS and didn't know it?" I'm glad it wasn't me (at least I don't think so). So many changes. As a conservative Republican, I don't like change. I like things as they are, however, as a REALIST, I understand changes happen and can live with them. I may not like them but I will deal with them. This applies. It may turn out to be for the best so I adapt.

I whine, but I adapt. I AM a man.

just a really whimpy man.

9. Peter T Davis

Just a friendly reminder.... THIS is the type of "change" you need to worry about:

obama-change.jpg

MassCops.com will be allright. ;)

10. GARDA

GARDA Subscribing Member

LoL Kilv, but if YOU are ever given a ride on the BAN BUS, then save me a seat.

The day that I read anything you've posted which earns you a ride on that bus, is the day that I have any one of my posts removed by an administrator :rolleyes:.

Okay, I'm done bitching about that, but seriously...

There's a good reason I've never used one of those profile signatures which sound more like a disclaimer to me... you know the ones... usually accompanying posts by members who hope never to be held accountable for their words.

Well, I don't think that's you Kilv, and I certainly don't plan to start posting anything here in the MC3 years that would ever embarrass my employer, my co-workers or my profession, any more than I ever did on Gil's MC1 or MC2.

Drive On Peter. Your efforts are appreciated.

cc3915 likes this.
  11. SinePari

SinePari Needs more complaints

My 2 cents is, forget all the add-ons. Second point, if not already asked, where's the "forum posts" in my profile? It says number of messages 3000-something, so I'm assuming that's the formerly known as posts link but nothing happens when you hover over it.

12. Peter T Davis

You can already do that. Here's a link to the preferences:
    http://www.masscops.com/account/preferences
    And, up at the top of each thread is a button which would say either "Watch Thread" or "Unwatch Thread" you can use those buttons to set each thread individually.

MSP75 and mikemac64 like this.
  13. Deuce

Deuce screw you...

Holy crap I pass out from a lil holiday cheer to wake up and find I'm Rip Van F-ingWinkle.. WTF happened??? And why can't I post in AAC? Did I get fired too and no one told me or are you onto me and figured out I really am a 14 y/o girl from the Phillipines?

14. pahapoika

pahapoika Subscribing Member

alrighty then, so this is what happened. thought my membership had expired and got thrown out by the new owners :cool:

thanks for the new link Nuke.

have to do the new bookmark because IE says masscops doesn't exist anymore !

15. ShmitDiesel

ShmitDiesel Radio

One thing I noticed, when I click on What's New is not pulling up all of the new threads, it will say Showing 1 to 14 of 20 but there is only one page of new threads. It seems to not pull up the threads in the sub-forums.

USM C-4 and kwflatbed like this.
  16. 263FPD

263FPD Administrator Staff Member

private messaging anyone? that start the conversation thing makes me a bit nervous that it will be public

17. HistoryHound

HistoryHound Supporting Member

It works. Give it a shot.

18. kwflatbed

kwflatbed Subscribing Member MC1+MC2 +MC3 111K+Poster

It's just a new name for PM it works the same way V.

263FPD likes this.
  19. Hush

Hush Moderator Staff Member

Glad I wasn't the only one who thought I got banned as well.....I guess I have not choice but to get used to the changes. Hope the bugs get worked out.

20. USM C-4

USM C-4 MassCops Member

Well, I've downloaded Tapatalk on my iPhone and must say its the best way to access a forum by mobile I've ever seen.

Simple, intuitive, easy. Like it!

---
    I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=31.267817,-89.420460
    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cc3915 likes this.
  21. cc3915

cc3915 Masscops Angel Staff Member

Lot's of guilty consciences around here. :D

USMCMP5811 and Hush like this.
  22. Mozzarella

Mozzarella MassCops Member

PETER! Your avatar? It makes me very uncomfortable.

23. SinePari

SinePari Needs more complaints

I guess *messages* is the new name for forum posts.

24. justanotherparatrooper

justanotherparatrooper Pissin' in liberals cheerio's for 40 years :) Staff Member

where is the chatroom?
    C'mon Sine you know you want to ask for a verified section :)

Coopstah and kwflatbed like this.
  25. DEI8

DEI8 Supporting Member

Peter is it possible to have the "new post" button added to the menu bar rather than on a drop down window. Possibly changing the members page to be listed by the alphabet rather than numbered pages. Now you have to just guess what nubered page has the letter you are looking for.

Thanks