Next Boston Academy (New Thread All Posts)

Discussion in 'Boston' started by kwflatbed, May 2, 2008.

1. niteowl1970

niteowl1970 Moderator Staff Member

That's a dose of brutal honesty right there.

2. cal1nu

cal1nu MassCops Member

How do you find out how many people they went through on the list filling the Dec. 13th class? I logged onto the HRD Standings & On-line Applicant Record Information System (SOARIS) and it doesn't show how many people received a card. The list is unchanged with same amount of people even after they filled the Dec. 13th class. Has anyone called HRD or Boston Police to find out what number they stopped at from the hiring list?

3. MKellyIrish

MKellyIrish MassCops Member

I don't know if there is any truth to it...but I heard that Mayor Menino in a speech last week said that they were going to be putting another class for Boston through this summer.

4. niteowl1970

I don't know about that... But you get 10 points on the exam for understanding him. I'd be optimistic though because mayor Lincoln never told a lie.

[​IMG]

5. a76589

a76589 MassCops Member

This is true, he did say that. Whether is happens or not is another thing. But a good sign at least.

6. BigBobo

BigBobo MassCops Member

You can understand what Mumbles Menino is saying? That should earn you some extra points on the CS exam

7. cal1nu

cal1nu MassCops Member

Anyone?

8. MKellyIrish

I don't think that you do know, I'm pretty sure that academy class that is going on right now has a majority of cadets but I am not sure how far they went down the list. Hopefully they do decide to put another class through this summer!

9. obienobie

obienobie MassCops Member

I heard there are cadets, language speakers, females, and some vets in the academy now.... not sure how far they got on list but I know a few people who scored well who are non vets and didnt get cards....

10. POSD

POSD MassCops Member

Obienobie - You are correct.

11. LawMan3

LawMan3 Moderator Staff Member

What, is this a new thing? :banghead:

12. dotlax

dotlax New Member

I called the civil service HR and they didn't have a number for how many people got cards or any updates on the list.

13. 13B

13B I see you rollin', I'm hatin'

BPD had three academy classes of the 2008-2010 list and barely got to a few high scoring nonvets.

14. POSD

POSD MassCops Member

FYI to all you hopefuls; a few detectives have been transferred into the Recruit Investigation Unit, so looks like there will be a class to follow this one.

Begin......

15. MKellyIrish

That's encouraging news! Do you have any idea of when the academy would be going on? How much time prior to the academy do cards get sent out?

16. HuskyH-2

HuskyH-2 G-Rap made me do it!

seriously guy? hurry up and wait

17. niteowl1970

Yeah right... LOL

18. MKellyIrish

I know right...so impatient geez

19. POSD

POSD MassCops Member

Com'on all, take it easy on the young and eager. Don't you all remember how anxious and excited we were at the shot of getting a card...The Door Way to getting on.

The process usually takes 6 to 7 months.....

20. niteowl1970

That kind of reality will send some people jumping off the Tobin Bridge.

21. MKellyIrish

Thank you POSD...very eager lol

22. dotlax

dotlax New Member

Go onto HRD and check applicant issued certificate

23. redemption05

redemption05 MassCops Member

Boston sent out cards to everyone on the layoff list today.

24. MaHopeful

MaHopeful MassCops Member

I saw my name on a list. It's mostly Asian names.

25. POSD

POSD MassCops Member

I got a card today too, not as exciting as the first one I got that led to me getting on :) It stated they were looking to fill 25 Full-time positions.

Since I've been on for a few years now....one of you all can have my spot but, if/when you graduate, you owe me a coffee.

Good luck and enjoy this "innocent time"....