Next Boston Academy (New Thread All Posts)

Discussion in 'Boston' started by kwflatbed, May 2, 2008.

1. trueblue

trueblue MassCops Member

To all who started the BPD academy this morning, especially one of my best friend's son, I wish you all the best. Have fun playing in the snow!!!
  2. mpd61

mpd61 Federal Auxiliary Police

Good luck to Izzy N! Make us proud Brother!
  3. Macop

Macop Subscribing Member

They need to take laterals again!
  4. trueblue

trueblue MassCops Member

Why? Plenty of good candidates in Boston who are qualified including my son and several of his friends. All are good young men and women who have worked hard in school and kept their residency in Boston. They have also stayed out of trouble, served their country and it's their lifelong dream to get on the Boston Police department.
  5. HuskyH-2

HuskyH-2 G-Rap made me do it!

Probably cause he wants to transfer
    YoungGun85 and trueblue like this.
  6. Macop

Macop Subscribing Member

They sound like nice kids, Boston should still take laterals.
  7. Macop

Macop Subscribing Member

Naw, I like it here. But I would have if I had CS status the last they did it.
  8. trueblue

trueblue MassCops Member

They are nice kids who don't need to be pushed aside after serving there country. I'm sure you wouldn;t like being placed to the bottom of the list after playing by all the rules. Boston already went through the "lateral experiment" and four cops who thought the grass was greener in Boston...went back to their previous departments. The city of Boston has the money to hire the good candidates that live within the city limits, put them through their academy and they should.
  9. Macop

Macop Subscribing Member

Ok, i agree. And using your argument laterals are experienced Police Officers who have served honorably on this job and if they want to lateral to Boston they shouldnt be pushed asisde after serving thier communities and playing by those rules, staying out of trouble and being good Officers. Four cops going back to thier original dept does not matter. I could say that if four get fired off probation or failed the academy then they should have taken laterals and avoid that! Boston has the money they should save some and hire Officers who have proven themselves with documented years of service and with a good BI the problem childeren can be weeded out if there is any. BTW I am sure there are Officers from other agencies that are vets that live in the city!
  10. trueblue

trueblue MassCops Member

Although I respect your opinion,I guess we just don't agree on this matter Macop. I believe that the residents of any CS city or town should be given preference.
  11. Macop

Macop Subscribing Member

I hear ya man, maybe a little of both.
  12. redemption05

redemption05 MassCops Member

Boston's hiring another 40 according to the cards that just went out.
  13. 4808

4808 MassCops Member

Word is 50 - 80 new recruit's.
    YoungGun85 likes this.
  14. YoungGun85

YoungGun85 MassCops Member

Cards have been sent out but appears they are only looking for 40 Officers. Good luck to all that received one, lets hope they go with the best candidates.
  15. HuskyH-2

My buddy just got a card. GL All!!
  16. HuskyH-2

Anyone know the score ranges the received cards?
  17. kwflatbed

kwflatbed Subscribing Member MC1+MC2 +MC3 91K+Poster

There is a Boston PD thread ongoing !!
  18. YoungGun85

YoungGun85 MassCops Member

Oh i didnt hear laterals on top of the 40. thats good. as for the score range I know of a 99 and 98 that recieved cards
  19. USAF3424

USAF3424 MassCops Member

All veterans received cards and civilians with scores of 100-98 received cards.
  20. cc3915

cc3915 Masscops Angel Staff Member

Threads merged.
  21. 4808

4808 MassCops Member

No laterals...!
    USAF3424 likes this.
  22. HuskyH-2

Thanks for the info, gonna pass it in too my buddy.
  23. MA1776

MA1776 MassCops Member

Hey guys, gotta question. I recieved a card from BPD last week, signed the list, yadda yadda, yadda. I was then handed two pieces of paper stating "Report to BPD HQ Media Room application Orientation" and "Documents you will need for Background". Does anyone know what to expect at this "Orientation" other than the obvious? Also, what other documents will I need to collect for the background interview? They gave me a list which included the following, "3yrs tax returns, 3 yrs excise tax, registration, DL, SL time, etc" Anything else? If anyone has been through this process before, specifically with BPD, help a brother out. (99 Vet, 9 years prior police exp)
  24. USAF3424

USAF3424 MassCops Member

I will be there for orientation as well. My best friend is in the current class. He said the orientation goes over the entire hiring process. Just wear a suit and bring a notebook. He said they didn't have much time after orientation to collect all of the documents that are on the list, something like a week or so. I have been working on the list the past few days. Haven't heard about any other required documents.
  25. MA1776

MA1776 MassCops Member

Hey USAF3, what number are you on the list? I am in the 50's. What else did your buddy say we needed to collect? Anything that is not on that list and I wonder how many they are going to eliminate? They sent out 355 cards. I assume a few spots will be reserved for females, hatian speaking, etc. Anything you know would be helpful. This will be my 3rd academy and hopefully last.