Next Boston Academy (New Thread All Posts)

Discussion in 'Boston' started by kwflatbed, May 2, 2008.

1. cvboy

cvboy MassCops Member

Looks like, next round of cards, if they ever come, will be for 95 and below. I scored 95... and there are 43 people tied with me.
    If BPD sent around 250 cards out for this round.. and only take 65 recruits.... I may get a card next round or not... That is because many get that get bypassed do not get removed from the list.. so they will get the card again.... After this class things start to get even more difficult because the cadets will be factored in.... they will have their number of slots back.. meaning fewer civilians will get in.....

2. Lloyd Christmas

Lloyd Christmas MassCops Member

I assume some some of the people in the range of 95-90 will NOT have Boston residency despite claiming such status when they applied. Hopefully they can filter down at or near the 90 range so I have a shot too. I think I will need a 3rd academy class which is highly unlikely based on what I am reading on this forum. I will remain optimistic...:( I guess

3. mtc

mtc High Priestess Staff Member

This - those of you who've been hanging with us for a while - we'll miss you - but say goodbye for now - pop back in after graduation - get to work on your internet fingerprints till you look like Mother Theresa !

Good luck in the pursuit of your dream jobs.

pahapoika, zm88 and JD02124 like this.
  4. cvboy

cvboy MassCops Member

Ironically, I received an email from Boston this afternoon.. Telling me to report to BPD HQ to sign the cert by june 16. They are looking for 65 officers... They had orientation last saturday and people have not even returned packets yet... Anyone know why they sent more cards out? Are they putting two classes on?

5. Lloyd Christmas

what range are you on the list? 98,97,96...?

6. USAF3424

USAF3424 MassCops Member

They did this for my class too. Either there wasn't enough people the first time or the class is going to be bigger. Hopefully a bigger class and more bodies being sent to Area D

pahapoika likes this.
  7. JD02124

JD02124 Supporting Member

Whoa whoa whoa! What about area B?

pahapoika likes this.
  8. cvboy

cvboy MassCops Member

95, it was only sent to vets, court/ civil service people and 96 before... A month later.. They sent me card.. I talked to my friend that had orientation last week.. He has not even returned packetbyet.. Maybe many people did not show up to sign card... They said they need 65... I am around 285 on civil service list.. And tied with 43 others that scored 95... so chances are low.... but, I will go sign the card and see how this plays out... hopefully BPD gets to me...

Last edited: Jun 12, 2016
    pahapoika likes this.
  9. pahapoika

pahapoika Subscribing Member

Things getting busy in the south end or just trying to get higher on the seniority list ? :cool:;):D

USAF3424 likes this.
  10. USAF3424

USAF3424 MassCops Member

The majority of the last 3 classes have ended up in B2, B3, and C11. The gang unit has more bodies than D4 and D14 combined. We get crushed with the ordering.

pahapoika and woodyd like this.
  11. woodyd

woodyd MassCops Member

Is the gang unit citywide or is it district based like DCU? That's more staffing than I assumed they had. Do they ever back up district units for calls (fights, robberies, B&Es etc). Never knew they had that many

12. USAF3424

USAF3424 MassCops Member

Gang unit is city wide. Each district has a DCU and theres also a citywide DCU. Mention the word gun and your sure to see the gang unit show up haha.

zm88, pahapoika and woodyd like this.
  13. Lloyd Christmas

Well I wiil keep my my fingers crossed that more people fail to complete the paper work in a timely fashion. Thanks for the reply. Good luck to you in the process.

14. jckc444

jckc444 MassCops Member

I just wanted to say thank you to everyone who has shared their knowledge and wisdom on this thread, I have been a member on MC for quite some time now, haven't posted much but have been taking in everyone's information and knowledge of the process and the job. I had the pleasure of achieving my life long goal of graduating the academy and joining the ranks last week and just wanted to say thank you to everyone all of your information has been greatly appreciated. For those who are hoping to get on and are in the process feel free to PM me for anything and hope I can help as much as everyone else on MC has helped me but a free piece of advise to start, mouth shut eyes and ears wide open for a long time. Thank you and stay safe.

pahapoika and USAF3424 like this.
  15. Lloyd Christmas

Any news on if BPD will be pulling two classes of this current list? I can imagine many of the police vets with 25+ years are ready to jump ship with all this crap going on.

16. USAF3424

USAF3424 MassCops Member

Id say thats a safe bet.

On another note, BFS Chief must have read my earlier posts. Area D gained like 20 bodies over the past few weeks.

Goose likes this.
  17. Pvt. Cowboy

Pvt. Cowboy Lemme take a selfie Staff Member

What's nice to see... Is that there are people in this thread that have gotten picked up and hired by BPD. I never see it in any other department thread (adrift of MSP) and its usually just an "any word on this dept?" Or something to that effect being posted. It's just nice to see.

Goose and pahapoika like this.
  18. woodyd

woodyd MassCops Member

New boots from the last Academy or transfers? I know in the past most of the new grads went to 2/3/11 but it seems like D4 needed the bodies more this time. A1 has been slammed with ordering as well.

19. JD02124

Hell id goto A-1 I know enough people there anyway from my time as a Ranger and currently School Police.

Goose, pahapoika and woodyd like this.
  20. USAF3424

USAF3424 MassCops Member

Mostly academy grads. They went to 1, 2, 3, 4, and 11 this time around.

woodyd likes this.
  21. Mikefrank617

Mikefrank617 MassCops Member

Does anyone know what the next step is and when it will happen? I think it's the home visits but haven't heard a word since drugtest/fingerprints

22. JD02124

Same here havent heard anything. The detectives got tied up with the cadets.

23. jrkeenan36

jrkeenan36 MassCops Member

Have your bosses/neighbors/ etc started getting calls yet? I'm in the same boat- haven't heard anything.

24. JD02124

Nothing.

25. Mikefrank617

Mikefrank617 MassCops Member

Same nothing ... When is the academy set to start? Will it be further away cause of the cadets?