Next Boston Academy (New Thread All Posts)

Discussion in 'Boston' started by kwflatbed, May 2, 2008.

1. DeltaTango27

DeltaTango27 MassCops Member

Ok this IS true they did in fact send two over to recruit investigations. However whether or not that actually speeds things up.........

pahapoika likes this.
  2. Lloyd Christmas

Lloyd Christmas MassCops Member

Anyone know if the new fiscal budget for Boston 2016-2107 called for another police class in 2017? I'm getting nervous sitting in the lower 90's that I scored too low for this test. I had hoped they would have a few classes from this list but not looking too good at this point.

3. pahapoika

pahapoika Subscribing Member

Talked to one of Boston's Finest yesterday . He said their looking at big retirement numbers in the next couple years.
    Looks like all the boomers are cashing in.
    It's definitely a waiting game.

Good luck to all that applied.

4. JD02124

JD02124 Supporting Member

Ive heard that also.

pahapoika likes this.
  5. pahapoika

I would encourage all BPD hopefuls to take a page out of your playbook.
    Live and work in the city ( hopefully in some kind of LE capacity ) and stand by

6. JD02124

Everything transfers over. Vacation,personal and sick days.

pahapoika likes this.
  7. Detail Cop

Detail Cop MassCops Member

To all the hopefuls,

I was in your same shoes a few years ago. Checking this forum a few times a day to see if there were any new milestones in the process- Home visits? Psych? Anyone get scheduled for the PAT? etc. etc. etc. After the initial background, it is a tough waiting game. Long story short, the dream came true and I was at 85 Williams Ave. on a frigid early December morning to start day one of the rest of my life. A few thoughts:

-Its been said before in this forum and it is obviously true: the huge (150+) classes from the 80's are on their way out. I don't see classes that large being put on to compensate (Boston, and any city really, prefers to pay boatloads of OT instead of hiring) but I do see at least one class per year, with numbers in the 60's, 70's, possibly 80's, for many years to come.

-Be patient. The number of candidates that are immediately eliminated via a 2 minute BOP and Driver's History check is staggering. For any of you hopefuls with access to CJIS in your current job, think about how many people you've run with disaster driving records that precludes them from the job, without even getting into the BOPs.

-This thread is 50 pages long, but if you take the time to go back, theres some great advice. There was one particular post on PAT advice that was applicable and helpful.

As far as I know, the candidates still in the game are being scheduled for psychs and medicals. Final step is being scheduled for PAT. Hearing December academy start but thats really no more than rumor and a good guess based on past December classes and the stage this current process is at.

Good luck, get your diet right, stay out of the bars.

8. JD02124

December 5th start date for the academy.

Lloyd Christmas likes this.
  9. Lloyd Christmas

Lloyd Christmas MassCops Member

Good to hear another academy will start later this year. I will keep my fingers crossed for another class off this list but I,m not holding my breath. This coming test in April will likely determine be my destiny...:(

10. xXTackleberryXx

xXTackleberryXx MassCops Member

I have also heard December 5th, but the source isnt very reliable. Where did you hear that JD?

11. JD02124

Boston Police HR called me and told me.

pahapoika likes this.
  12. xXTackleberryXx

Sounds like a solid source to me. Thanks

pahapoika likes this.
  13. Got_your_6

Got_your_6 New Member

Are there any dates floating around for PAT or anyone hear anything more concrete than November timeframe?

14. pahapoika

Getting ready to do a little P/T ? :cool:

JD02124 likes this.
  15. Detail Cop

Detail Cop MassCops Member

Curious, did HR leave the impression that if you passed the PAT, you're in for day one 12/5? When I went through we were scheduled for practice PAT, then PAT, and told to wait further word. About 2 weeks after PAT we got calls for academy orientation but it wasn't until then that we had a date.

16. JD02124

I even got a date and time for orientation.

Pvt. Cowboy and pahapoika like this.
  17. Pvt. Cowboy

Pvt. Cowboy Lemme take a selfie Staff Member

Well well... looks like I won't be convincing you to move north.

JD02124 likes this.
  18. Kecop19

Kecop19 MassCops Member

Did you already take your PAT?

19. JD02124

No I have not.

20. Kecop19

Kecop19 MassCops Member

Did you get a date for it?

21. JD02124

Yes its in November.

22. xXTackleberryXx

I passed mine last Thursday, its cake unless you're really out of shape

JD02124 likes this.
  23. JD02124

Speaking of that time to go for a run.

xXTackleberryXx and pahapoika like this.
  24. cvboy

cvboy MassCops Member

This is odd, someone high on the chain.. one of the hiring officials... told me that everyone will take PAT on the same day. A day in November. He told me the state does not allow them to send name of people eligible for PAT as they clear medical. He further stated that once all recruits clear medical, they will inform the state and the state will allow recruits to go online and register for PAT. The point is that only after all recruits clear medical.... BPD will send names to state.. so those recruits can be allowed by the state to schedule PAT
    We had that conversation because military informed me that they intend to put me on two weeks order... in the near future.. so I contact HR to see if I could take PAT on a different day (not the day the state has reserved for BPD)... preferably sooner... Maybe.. the person I spoke with was wrong... I am assuming you took PAT for Boston, right?

Congrats on passing though. Hopefully, there will be slot for all of us.

25. xXTackleberryXx

I took it for a different town, however under the understanding that once I passed I would be placed in the Boston Police Academy sometime in December. I still haven't heard if I will be going in December or not, my recruiter claims that they have not been notified of the start date yet. They had initially wanted to send me to Plymouth, but they couldn't get me in for medical/psych in time and the class filled up.

Sorry about that, I should have been more clear.