Next Boston Academy (New Thread All Posts)

Discussion in 'Boston' started by kwflatbed, May 2, 2008.

1. Mikefrank617

Mikefrank617 MassCops Member

I have a PAT mid November and got scheduled for orientation as well the week before academy start date.. I assume this means you made the cut if you pass the PAT correct? Im not sure what they are at for numbers and want to let my job know two weeks in advance

2. Got_your_6

Got_your_6 New Member

I was under the impression based on previous academy classes and posts that Boston doesn't give much of a notice. I am wondering if some of the discrepancies in information and notification is because other municipalities attend the Boston police academy.

3. JD02124

JD02124 Supporting Member

Same here but from I I've been told if you pass the PAT you get the offer letter with there or soon after. So I'd think you can give your two weeks once you get the offer letter.

4. USAF3424

USAF3424 MassCops Member

Buddy of mine passed everything to include PAT and was told they didn't reach his score a week before last academy was supposed to start. There are plenty of games played, even last minute.......

5. pahapoika

pahapoika Subscribing Member

WTF?
    That's horrible !

6. jckc444

jckc444 MassCops Member

He is lucky they told them before the academy started as you know USAF! Many of others were not told until weeks or months after the academy started!

7. JD02124

I've heard that also. A former co-worker of mine was fitted for uniforms and everything then a few days before the academy was told she wasn't going to be selected and to turn her gear in.

8. cvboy

cvboy MassCops Member

some people got call this am.. with dates for PAT and orientation... .etc.

9. xXTackleberryXx

xXTackleberryXx MassCops Member

What are you hearing for orientation dates? I'm going through Boston (allegedly) for a neighboring municipality and have received zero info since hearing about the academy start date.

10. JD02124

Ive been told November 23rd.

11. Mikefrank617

Anyone got a time for a pat tomorrow?

12. Mikefrank617

Sorry i meant on tuesday ⬆️

13. JD02124

Nothing yet keep an eye on your email.

14. cvboy

cvboy MassCops Member

Tuesday is practice. 15th is the real test. Make up is on the 22nd and orientation is the 23 from 9am till 12 pm at HQ Media room. Business attitre.

No times yet for pratice pat or pat. Was told to expect an email from the state with details.

15. Mikefrank617

Any word on the PAT times tuesday?

16. cvboy

cvboy MassCops Member

I asked PAT officials when we went for practice. I was told it would be same time we had for practice. BPD has not released the time because they have to wait until everyone pays PAT fee first... PAT staff mentioned that 9 people had not paid.. and BPD has to schedule and announce all the names together.. they cant schedule for some and wait on others... we will likely get official word on Monday with times.. 85-90 peole still in the process for 65 slot. If all pass PAT, there will be issues for people at tge bottom of the list...

17. USAF3424

USAF3424 MassCops Member

Not necessarily the people at the bottom of the list who need to worry.....

18. cvboy

cvboy MassCops Member

Lol, is there any possible way to shorten the list? I thought they fill the class in the order civil service provided names and the ones at the end of the list get left behind..

One source told me that this year it is unlikely that more than 65 will be enrolled in academy, but PAT officials said that BPD did not desegnate alternate candidates for PAT. Not sure what that means.

19. Mikefrank617

PAT instructor told my group that there were about 90 taking the PAT and he was under the assumption that if you passed you were in the academy... Im not sure how positive that is though

20. DeltaTango27

DeltaTango27 MassCops Member

Looks like a December 5th start for the academy ladies and gents

USAF3424 likes this.
  21. abcd1234

abcd1234 New Member

If anyone on here is in this next academy can you PM me, I have a question..

22. USAF3424

USAF3424 MassCops Member

Goodluck today everyone. Perfect weather for day one:D

DeltaTango27, woodyd and jckc444 like this.
  23. USAF3424

USAF3424 MassCops Member

Heard 5 quit week one. Also quite a few already racking up the modified PT hours....

24. pahapoika

pahapoika Subscribing Member

Ran 6 miles every night around Columbia Park and the island. Could bang out hundred push-ups and a couple hundred sit-ups all at the ripe old age of 30.
    And these fat bodies can't get it together for a few weeks to score one of the last decent jobs in the city ?

GARDA likes this.
  25. Detail Cop

Detail Cop MassCops Member

Twenty-fucking-five Boston PD quitters so far. 25.

felony likes this.