Non-speeding violation received: 700 CMR 7.08

Discussion in 'Ask A Cop' started by cs97jb, Nov 29, 2016.

Tags:
  1. cs97jb

cs97jb New Member

I got the following violation today but it doesn't make sense. The violation is 700 CMR 7.08 but the cop who gave it to me says it was for not obeying signs and that I was traveling on a road for commercial vehicles only. I have read through 700 CMR 7.08 but it doesn't seem to apply to my case. Here is the link to the given chapter number: http://www.mass.gov/courts/docs/lawlib/700-799cmr/700cmr7.pdf.

I think the officer put down the wrong Chapter number but because that is wrong, can this be dismissed?

2. Fuzzywuzzy

Fuzzywuzzy MassCops Member

No. Pay it. Own up to your actions. It makes you feel good.

3. Goose

Goose The list is long but distinguished. Staff Member

Unless you'd rather work or can't get the time off, you would lose nothing by appealing.

4. rabbitranger

rabbitranger MassCops Member

Was he wearing his cover? If not...you dont have to pay it. If he was....pay it 22 days after the date of issue.

5. BIG IRISH

BIG IRISH MassCops Member

700 CMR 7.08 applies to all violations on the Mass Pike property. I'll bet you rec'd the ticket on South Boston Bypass Road where it is CLEARLY marked Commercial Vehicles Only by something like 20 signs !! Pay it or appeal it !! Enough said!!

mtc likes this.
  6. Crazy Otto

Crazy Otto Working for the clampdown

Obedience to signs is a $50 gig under the 7.08 CMR. Or he could have whacked you under the subsection for non-commercial vehicle on the Bypass road. I think thats $150. He gave you a break. Pay it.