Obama to cut healthcare benefits for active duty and retired US military

Discussion in 'Military News' started by cc3915, Feb 27, 2012.

1. cc3915

cc3915 Masscops Angel Staff Member

The Obama administration’s proposed defense budget calls for military families and retirees to pay sharply more for their healthcare, while leaving unionized civilian defense workers’ benefits untouched. The proposal is causing a major rift within the Pentagon, according to U.S. officials. Several congressional aides suggested the move is designed to increase the enrollment in Obamacare’s state-run insurance exchanges.
    The disparity in treatment between civilian and uniformed personnel is causing a backlash within the military that could undermine recruitment and retention.
    The proposed increases in health care payments by service members, which must be approved by Congress, are part of the Pentagon’s $487 billion cut in spending. It seeks to save $1.8 billion from the Tricare medical system in the fiscal 2013 budget, and $12.9 billion by 2017.

http://freebeacon.com/trashing-tricare/
  2. CJIS

CJIS MassCops Member

This makes no sense at all.
  3. Wolfman

Wolfman "Ultima Ratio Civis" Staff Member

I wonder what the "Affordable Health Care Act" zombies have to say about this little gem?
    Delta784 likes this.
  4. GARDA

GARDA Subscribing Member

wtf.jpg

(not you CC, but the resident at 1600 Pennsylvania Ave.)
    corsair, Delta784 and cc3915 like this.
  5. Delta784

Delta784 Guest

Predictable....don't cut from the welfare leeches and illegal aliens.
  6. CJIS

CJIS MassCops Member

Of course not they voted for him.
  7. SgtAndySipowicz

SgtAndySipowicz Supporting Member

What an embarassment of a President, Obama is. In the city I work I see "opiate zombies" on a daily basis. Almost everyone of them that I encounter has a "Mass Health" card. Usually they show it as their ID when you ask for one. Mr Obama, how about completely cutting out programs such as these and leaving the heroes and their families alone. This country is so ass backwards right now..........
    corsair and Delta784 like this.
  8. Delta784

Delta784 Guest

Highest per-capita heroin overdose rate in the state....at least we're #1 in something.

When I'm coming in for my first-half shift, I witness the Bataan Death March down Broad Street to Father Bill's for the 4pm deadline.
  9. corsair

corsair Supporting Member

This guy has to go down in history as the worst President this Country has ever seen. Well what did we expect from an "American Idol Presidency"
    GARDA and Delta784 like this.
  10. Delta784

Delta784 Guest

I really thought no one could top Jimmy Carter, but at least Carter was a good man who loved America.
  11. kwflatbed

kwflatbed Subscribing Member MC1+MC2 +MC3 90K+Poster

12. honor12900

honor12900 MassCops Member

Perfect logic, give absolutely free everything to the dead beats in society and cut the benefits to the people who deserve it. Makes perfect sense. We should let this clown (I mean genius) stay on as president for as long as he wants
    corsair likes this.
  13. Delta784

Delta784 Guest

It's actually a brilliant political move....get the masses dependent on the government, who do you think they're going to vote for?

14. Dan Stark

Dan Stark Tears of a Clown

The only benefit that I really cared about (other than the pride and honor of serving) for my family. Thanks Commander in Chief. Looking forward to shipping out still, in spite of the politicians that love the military when it benefits them, and cuts their throats when it doesn't.
    corsair likes this.
  15. USAF286

USAF286 MassCops Member

Unfortunately you're right...scumbags keep getting free shit of course they are going to vote him back in. I hope the people wake up in the next six to eight months....because this is getting absurd.
  16. lofu

lofu Subscribing Member

And at the end of my shift I see it in reverse. Its like Morning of The Living Dead as they saunter up Broad and Coddington Streets, heading to The Square
    Delta784 likes this.