Old Time Hockey

Discussion in 'Sports & Recreation' started by BLUE BLOOD, Feb 13, 2011.

1. BLUE BLOOD

BLUE BLOOD ...---...

Anybody notice the NHL has gone retro these last few weeks. I swear I saw the Hanson Brothers playing in the Islanders vs Penguins game the other night. I'm all for it, as long as it does not overshadow the game and its not cheap chickenshit pot shots. I haven't seen this much fighting since the eighties as a kid.

2. cc3915

cc3915 Masscops Angel Staff Member

That Bruins game on Wed. nite was one of the best in a long long time. We were watching it at the M&G.

3. 47turksinajar

47turksinajar MassCops Member

It was so good, that I watched it again the next morning to make sure it wasn't a dream!

4. MSP75

MSP75 Guest

The games are getting old school and it is great. Now if they could shorten the season by a thousand games. By the time it is Stanley Cup time I could care less.

5. flintlockglock

flintlockglock Town Fool

I love hockey and this week has been good for the sport.

People have forgotten what real hockey looks like :smoke:

there used to be a REASON ambulances were kept outside the arena

6. Delta784

Delta784 Guest

Speaking of old-school hockey, I posted this before, but for anyone who missed it (make sure the volume is up);

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MSDw3tMa7ec"]YouTube - The Bobby Orr Rush -- Catch Me If You Can!![/nomedia]

A man among boys.

7. LA Copper

LA Copper Subscribing Member

Ah, the memories; a classic!

Bobby Orr, Larry Bird, Ted Williams, Steve Grogan (among many others). Boston has had some very memorable athletes in every major sport. Boston sports fans have been very fortunate over the years.

8. honor12900

honor12900 MassCops Member

I love the hard style of play thats been going on. There are some especially in Montreal that are calling for an end to fighting in the league. I don't see that happening but you never know. I think fighting actually keeps the players safer because it regulates the cheap shots.

9. 47turksinajar

47turksinajar MassCops Member

Ah I love hockey, just the skill levels have changed! I mean you don't see quality hockey like this anymore, everyones to busy beating each other or checking them into the boards... Don't get me wrong I enjoy it, but the focus should be on the puck not the fist

10. jeepster

jeepster MassCops Member

Old time hockey the Slapshot way .........
    [nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJkHm2WtSsk&feature=related"]YouTube - Slap Shot, Hanson Bros. Debut[/nomedia]