Quantcast

Orlando Watch Shooting Probe Reveals Questionable Police Conduct

Discussion in 'National' started by CJIS, Mar 13, 2012.

1. CJIS MassCops Member

[IMG]
    ABC News
    Orlando Watch Shooting Probe Reveals Questionable Police Conduct
    ABC News - ‎2 hours ago‎

ABC News has uncovered questionable police conduct in the investigation of the fatal shooting of an unarmed black teenager by a white neighborhood watch captain in Florida, including the alleged "correction" of at least one eyewitness' account.
  2. kwflatbed Subscribing Member MC1+MC2 +MC3 88K+Poster

• [IMG]
      Trayvon Martin, was shot to death by a neighborhood watchman in Sanford, Fla.
    SANFORD, Fla. -- The father of a black teenager killed by a white neighborhood watch volunteer says recently released 911 tapes debunk the shooter's claim of self-defense.
    Tracy Martin, the father of 17-year-old Trayvon Martin, told The Associated Press on Saturday that the man who shot his son can be heard running and chasing the teen on the tapes. The neighborhood watch volunteer, George Zimmerman, tells a dispatcher that he is following Trayvon Martin. The dispatcher tells him he doesn't need to do that.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/03/17/family-florida-man-didnt-kill-black-teen-in-self-defense/?test=latestnews#ixzz1pO3YsYA9
  3. CJIS MassCops Member

4. cc3915 Masscops Angel

Obama: 'If I had a son, he'd look like Trayvon'

President Barack Obama weighed in Friday on the shooting of unarmed black teenager Trayvon Martin, calling it a national tragedy — and saying that the young man reminded him of his own children.
    "When I think about this boy, I think about my own kids," Obama said in the Rose Garden. "I think every parent in America should be able to understand why it is absolutely imperative that we investigate every aspect of this. And that everybody pull together."
    Obama has come under fire from some black leaders for failing to comment on a case that has become a major national story — and brought thousands of Americans into the streets for demonstrations calling for the arrest of Martin's shooter. One black leader even wondered why Obama called a Georgetown student who was attacked by Rush Limbaugh but not Martin's family. Obama's comments Friday represent the first time the president has addressed the growing controversy.

http://www.politico.com/politico44/2012/03/obama-i-had-a-son-hed-look-like-trayvon-118439.html
  5. Dan Stark Tears of a Clown

So.... The shooter is 'white'.... Hmmmmmm

Awkward silence

Editor : "are you sure he's white? "

Reporter : "yeah man, just run with it, it's juicy, we'll get the booking pictures later"

Sent from my Incredible 2 using Tapatalk
    YoungGun85 likes this.
  6. cc3915 Masscops Angel

Trayvon Martin case: 'Blacks are under attack,' says Jesse Jackson

Civil rights leader Jesse Jackson said Friday that he's grateful the rest of the country has sat up and taken notice of the tragic slaying of Trayvon Martin. But he can't help but wonder: Why has it taken so long for everyone else to recognize the chronic injustices that African Americans face?
    "We're surprised that everyone else is surprised," Jackson told the Los Angeles Times. African Americans have tried for decades to get the rest of America to understand their plight, he said, particularly their beliefs that justice is still elusive in many parts of America, especially the Deep South.
    Then along comes the Trayvon Martin case, and facts that are not in contention: Volunteer neighborhood watch captain George Zimmerman pursued and then gunned down the unarmed 17-year-old last month, and never faced arrest because police said there was no evidence to contradict his claim that he fired in self-defense.
    "I hope that this will be a transformative moment," Jackson said.

http://www.latimes.com/news/nation/...n-case-jesse-jackson-20120323,0,2131299.story
  7. cc3915 Masscops Angel

Wanted Dead or Alive Poster Issued for George Zimmerman by New Black Panther Party

Yesterday afternoon at a press conference, the New Black Panther Party for Self-Defense circulated a “wanted dead or alive” poster for George Zimmerman for shooting to death a Florida teenager four weeks ago.
    Zimmerman, a self-proclaimed neighborhood watch captain said he accosted what he alleges was a suspicious looking black male walking through his neighborhood. He further contends the man punched him, and bloodied his nose, so Zimmerman fired a gun shot striking the man in the chest. The “man” was 17 year old Trayvon Martin, who would lie in the county morgue three days before police alerted his parents of their child’s death.
    Minister Mikhail Muhummud led the press conference, calling for the firing of Sanford Police Chief Bill Lee, the arrest of George Zimmerman and some involvement from President Obama. Muhummud stated he is the southern regional director for the New Black Panther Party for Self-Defense located in Jacksonville, Florida. While Minister Muhummud fired off a list of demands and expressed outrage over the handling of the shooting and subsequent investigation; a member of the group passed flyers to about 100 people who showed up for the press conference. Muhummud told the group he was not concerned with rumors of death threats to George Zimmerman, “He should be afraid for his life…” (SEE )

http://www.allvoices.com/contribute...r-george-zimmerman-by-new-black-panther-party
  8. OfficerObie59 Public Trough Feeder

You have a "Stand Your Ground" law, a dead teenager and no eyewitnesses.

There's no way to disprove that there was some movement, something so much as a flinch that Zimmerman objectively perceived as something Trayvon Martin about to do to harm him. And as tragic and senseless as this appears to be, I don't know how you charge someone as long as he can make a claim he was reasonably in fear in someway.

The shooter Zimmerman is now screwed either way. The state will charge him either way to save face and there's no one who can avoid the publicity to get a fair indictment and trial. IMO, if he is innocent and was reacting to what he thought was a reasonabe threat, he would've been better off had the PD just sent the case to a grand jury before the whole world started protesting.

It seems like Zimmerman may have done more than a few things wrong. I simply don't know that those circumstances are enough to prove the crime of murder.
  9. Dan Stark Tears of a Clown

Reasonable question here... If this kid was 17, why does it look like they are posting a picture of a 10 year old kid in a football uniform... In this facebook age, they couldn't come up with a recent picture? Or does a young face illicit more rage perhaps?

Just thinking out loud.

edit: article seems to have some older pictures, but that football pic looks real young to me.
    adroitcuffs, USMCMP5811 and mtc like this.
  10. SgtAndySipowicz Supporting Member

11. kwflatbed Subscribing Member MC1+MC2 +MC3 88K+Poster

Fuck Jesse Jackoff !!!!!
    DYSguy likes this.
  12. TopCop24 Working in the land of misfit toys

I am SO sick of everytime a black person is killed by a white person race is always a factor according to Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton. Where was all the outcry from them when Michael Addison (black) shot and killed Officer Briggs (white). I'll come out and say it that was race related. Here's a big FUCK YOU to Jackson/Sharpton and everyone else who cries racism all the time.
  13. mtc High Priestess

14. mtc High Priestess

Nice "grille" on that fine young lad Obama says "could be MY son".... oh... is that a gang punk stance??

http://www.trayvon.tk/
    LGriffin likes this.
  15. cc3915 Masscops Angel

Witness: Martin attacked Zimmerman

ORLANDO - A witness we haven't heard from before paints a much different picture than we've seen so far of what happened the night 17-year-old Trayvon Martin was shot and killed.
    The night of that shooting, police say there was a witness who saw it all.
    Our sister station, FOX 35 in Orlando, has spoken to that witness.
    What Sanford Police investigators have in the folder, they put together on the killing of Trayvon Martin few know about.
    The file now sits in the hands of the state attorney. Now that file is just weeks away from being opened to a grand jury.

http://www.myfoxtampabay.com/dpp/news/state/witness-martin-attacked-zimmerman-03232012
  16. mtc High Priestess

I posted his pics somewhere here... nice grille huh?

http://www.trayvon.tk/
    cc3915 likes this.
  17. cc3915 Masscops Angel

mtc likes this.
  18. HistoryHound Supporting Member

Obviously, there's more to the story than we know right now. The thing that I have a problem with is that he kept following the kid after the dispatchers told him not to. If that's true, it makes him come off like a guy on a power trip. Plus, didn't the guy get out of his car? If not for those two things, I'd be more sympathetic to his claim. We probably won't know for sure who confronted who first, but Zimmerman put himself in this situation.
  19. LGriffin Mother Führer

This is the argument of the libtard media but there's no proof that he didn't stop pursuing Trevon. The screams you hear on tape are his own as Trevon gets on top of him and starts beating the shit out of him.

What disgusts me is that his mother initially stated that "this is not a black and white thing, it's a right and wrong thing," yet the black caucus and Sharpton managed to turn it into another race war. By the way, Sharpton, you sound ignorant when you use the word, "ignant!" With all the attention whoring you do keeping this issue alive, you should be able to speak properly by now:rolleyes:

It isn't racism when you're dealing with dopes. We have photographs of what this kid currently looks like sporting grills, beads and flashing gang signs. Motorcycle gang, drug dealer, pimp, wanna-be or not, white, black or hispanic, I don't want you in my neighborhood looking like that and i'm not a racist due to my belief that every race has it's trash. It's simply a quality of life issue.
    HistoryHound, USMCMP5811 and mtc like this.
  20. HistoryHound Supporting Member

I agree with you LG, my point is that we don't really know what happened. If he did the right thing and now he's getting jammed up for defending himself; then, I feel badly for the guy. Personally I would not have gotten out of my car, if that's the only mistake the guy made; then, he deserves to be cleared and reinstated to his CJ program. But, if he was one of those whack jobs who wanted to play cop, which is the way it's being portrayed (big surprise); then, that's a different story. If a cop shot the kid under these circumstances, you know there would be a thorough investigation. Just look how far they went with the NY cop that shot the Easton kid and it was obvious from the beginning that the cop was justified.

As for sharpton, he needs these types of things to happen. Without these acts of "racism" he is completely irrelevant. He and jessie jackson don't want racism to end that's why they work so hard to keep it alive. As soon as they admit that most people judge a person by who they are and how they conduct themselves and not by race, no one will be interested in anything they have to say or do.

I'm just wondering if we had the same set of circumstances where we really don't know who initiated it, but the characters were a little different would the discussion be the same? If we remove sharpton, jackson, obama and the like from the picture and end this foolish discussion of racism, is it really all that unreasonable for the police to do a thorough investigation? Now if the police did do a thorough investigation and the evidence points to Zimmerman acting in self defense; then, again I feel badly for the guy.
    Delta784 and LGriffin like this.
  21. LGriffin Mother Führer

We all know the answer that that! If it went down like I think it went down, this Latino's only fault was keeping a Jewish last name.

Could he have stayed away? Absolutely, but there's a certain point where a person sees their neighborhood going to shit. They try to handle it by the books (neighborhood watch, calling police) but it continues to degrade. So he tries to take the bull by the horns and here we are with a race war rather than a quality of life issue.

I grew up on a beautiful dead end street in Springfield inhabited mostly be the elderly. When they passed, their predecessors sold their homes, which were knocked down and parceled off for section 8 housing. They were constantly knocking on our door trying to get my parents to sell but it was difficult because my grandfather built the home. It didn't take long for parasites to move in and bring with them all that ails society so we were essentially forced out when our neighborhood became a nightmare. Our old home still stands, but the current owner sold off some of the land and he's now butts to nuts with his classy neighbors:rolleyes: It still gets under my skin and really makes me appreciate the broken window theory. You've gotta stomp it out like a fire.
    HistoryHound likes this.
  22. CJIS MassCops Member

[IMG]
    Boston.com
    US could bring hate charge in Fla. teen shooting
    Boston.com - ‎1 hour ago‎

By Curt Anderson AP Legal Affairs Writer / March 25, 2012 MIAMI—The US Justice Department could bring a hate crime charge against the shooter in the killing of black Florida teenager Trayvon Martin if there is sufficient evidence the slaying was ...

Oh yeah this isn't a race issue:rolleyes:
  23. LGriffin Mother Führer

24. CJIS MassCops Member

[IMG]
    Atlanta Journal Constitution
    Many wear hoodies as churches remember Trayvon
    Atlanta Journal Constitution - ‎41 minutes ago‎

By KYLE HIGHTOWER AP EATONVILLE, Fla. - Wearing hooded sweatshirts similar to the one that Trayvon Martin wore on the night he was killed, many preachers and worshippers echoed calls for justice Sunday in the shooting death of an unarmed black teenager ...

This whole thing is really getting way to complicated and out of hand.
    JMody likes this.
  25. mtc High Priestess

A Lt at work posted a rant on his FB page, I made a comment that his kid wouldn't come home with gold grills... a few of his friends like it... AND HE DELETED IT !!

Then posted a pic of his own son, in a hoodie... as if there is any comparison besides their skin color.

I didn't think of him as a person not willing to look at ALL the facts...