pillpack.com

Discussion in 'Court Procedure' started by RodneyFarva, Apr 6, 2015.

1. RodneyFarva

RodneyFarva Get off my lawn!

Ok, I saw this new product on Facebook and thought it was pretty damn good idea. However after thinking about it I did some (not to much, I'm Lazy) research of the Massachusetts general laws. Not really understanding what I was reading, I thought "Let me run this by you folks at Masscops and see it pulled it apart like warm bread."

1 Lets say you conduct a traffic stop, terry stop. Now in plain view, or upon detection of a large bulge in his pocket you observe one the these packets.
    2 You ask, "what is that?" and ask to see it.
    3 The part in question hands it over, and tells you that its his daily medication.
    4 On the packet list several medications and their doses. And lets say its for anti-psychotic, as a well as anti-anxiety and pain (Benzodiazepine, opiates ect.) medications.
    5 The Packet he/she hands you has only the name of the person you had stopped and a list of medications contained within.

Now the question: Would it be in any violation of any part of chapter 94c to have aforementioned item(s) on his/her possession?
    If I remember correctly anyone found in the possession of a class E substance must have it in its original packaging or bottle and that must bare the name and address of the patient, doctor and pharmacist dispensing the prescription, as well as pill description and dose and when to take it. do you have anything?

2. Kilvinsky

Kilvinsky I think, therefore I'll never be promoted.

Eh, since people often put there pills in those containers for daily taking (my wife has done this) and since the person's name is on it and the list of the contents, it doesn't seem like anyone is trying to hide anything. It would certainly be smart for the person to carry a prescription just for safety's sake. I'd be hard pressed to press the issue, but I'm probably lazier than you are and trusting.

pahapoika and RodneyFarva like this.
  3. Danusmc0321

Danusmc0321 MassCops Member

Usually if they are class E and not meds that people take recreationally or sell, let it slide if they have them in a marked container. Take em if it looks shady, have them bring the script to your station/barracks to prove they are their scripts. Give them a week or so, no show -"summons job all day"

But you are correct, any doctor prescribed meds are supposed to be in the original bottle with all the patients information listed on the side for transporting.

RodneyFarva likes this.
  4. RodneyFarva

RodneyFarva Get off my lawn!

well, I agree with the both of you. but it could come in handy as a tool if some was trying to bust your balls.

Kilvinsky and Danusmc0321 like this.