PM problem and WTF with twitter bullshit?

Discussion in 'MassCops News' started by Johnny Law, Aug 28, 2012.

1. Johnny Law

Johnny Law Nemo me impune lacessit Staff Member

Two problems today, and I'm pretty aggravated with the site because of them.

Firstly, I have PM'ed Dan Stark before, as recently as yesterday and carried on a PM conversation there. No issues. Today, I started a fresh PM to Dan and typed up my narrative and went to send it off. I get an error message saying that I cannot PM Dan Stark. No reason why, just that I cannot PM him. I tried twice and got the same error message. Before I smashed my laptop, I copied, pasted and put it in a reply from our previous convo. and it did go through, at least on my end. Any ideas as to what the problem on this was?

Secondly, as I browse through the website, when I am done with a thread, I hit my "back" button, only to be still left on the page I was through with. I look back through the history and there is all these fucking twitter widget bullshit pages that are holding me on the page, sort of like those infernal fucking google ad pages that hold you in place until you overcome them by hitting back several times.

What the FUCK is going on here, today is the first day I've had ANY trouble at all in over 4 years. Was there an update that made things go bad? Are we being over run with twitter gayness? For the record, I don't have or use twitter, I could give a fuck about that and Twitter could implode as a website for all I care.

2. Hank Moody

Hank Moody Duder Staff Member

I also have to hit "back" twice to go back to the previous page on the site

3. LawMan3

LawMan3 Moderator Staff Member

Must be that pesky word association thread. Maybe I'll try deleting same to free up some bandwidth....

LGriffin, Pvt. Cowboy and LECSniper like this.
  4. Johnny Law

It's http://platform.twitter.com/widgets/twe that I'm getting shit from when I try to hit "back". I have to hit it at least twice to overcome that and get back to the previous page I was looking at.

5. Hank Moody

You think THAT ties up bandwidth and storage space ????????? The Count to 1000 game by IMAGES will be far worse.

Crvtte65 likes this.
  6. kwflatbed

kwflatbed Subscribing Member MC1+MC2 +MC3 111K+Poster

Deleting the word association thread won't do shit. Count to 1000 thread
    99% of the pics are hosted on other sites not on MC.
    The big problem is and always has been the guests on the site,web crawlers
    etc.
    JL try cleaning out your temp files and cookies that may help.

7. Johnny Law

Did that and ran a virus scan, no viruses etc. but that twitter link above is STILL on my back page buttons. For example it doesn't even indicate that I'm currently on THIS page, just that fuckin' twitter widget thing.

8. kwflatbed

Like I said it's all of the crap that moniters MC.that screw up things.
    I don't know how to get rid of it, but I do not see it on my page.

9. Johnny Law

I'm going to kneecap the inventor of Twitter. It may not get rid of the problem, but it WILL make me feel better.

LECSniper and HistoryHound like this.
  10. kwflatbed

Too many gadgets and apps for me.

11. 7costanza

7costanza Supporting Member

JL, your anggry today...head over to MSNBC for a bit..." All that hate will burn you up inside kid " " keeps me warm"

Red Dawn

12. Johnny Law

I let my hatred flow freely, it's because I'm a Sith Lord. Besides, it's not healthy to bottle up your emotions.

USMCMP5811 likes this.
  13. Delta784

Delta784 Guest

When I'm done viewing a thread, I go to "Forums" then "What's New?"

When you do that, previously read threads will not be viewable.

14. HistoryHound

HistoryHound Supporting Member

I don't have a twitter link on my page. I don't know if it's because I have AVG & I have the option set to disable all trackers. It's amazing how many there are to block. The most I've had on one page was 6 trackers which included Google, FaceBook and a few I didn't know.

15. Hank Moody

I now have to press the back arrow three times to go back on this forum

16. LawMan3

LawMan3 Moderator Staff Member

Tapatalk seems to be working fine

cc3915 likes this.
  17. HistoryHound

HistoryHound Supporting Member

I just looked at my AVG thing and there's 4 trackers on this page one being "twitter button". I tried to do a screenshot, but I can't post the image because it's too big. So, the four trackers are: Google 1, Twitter Button, Facebook Connect and Google Analytics. I don't know if there's a way to block them without other programs, but if you can try blocking them and see if that solves the problem.

18. Goose

Goose The list is long but distinguished. Staff Member

Quick fix on your end (depending on what version of Windows you have)...

Start -> All Programs -> Accessories -> Hold down shift and right-click on Notepad -> Run as Administrator -> (Yes, if a dialog pops up) -> File -> Open -> Browse in file location box to C:, Windows, System32, Drivers, etc, go to the file type drop-down and change it to all files, then double click on the file called "hosts"

Scroll to the bottom line, then add a new line below it:

127.0.0.1 platform.twitter.com

Then file, save. Close notepad, close all your browser windows and reopen them, and then you won't have any more Twitter bullshit mucking up your Masscops experience.

It's a few steps, but it will stop your computer from accessing the Twitter crap until Peter can get it fixed.

Johnny Law likes this.