Police arrest armed man for impersonating officer in Tygnsborough

Discussion in 'Police Impersonation News' started by kwflatbed, Mar 5, 2017.

1. kwflatbed

kwflatbed Subscribing Member MC1+MC2 +MC3 109K+Poster

Updated: 1:41 PM EST Mar 5, 2017
    [​IMG]
    Associated Press

TYNGSBOROUGH, Mass. —
    A 45-year-old Dracut man is facing charges after police say he impersonated a police officer while armed.

Tyngsborough police arrested Kevin Lessard Saturday afternoon for operating a red Ford Crown Victoria with New Hampshire plates and white flashing lights.

Police say a car had become disabled and Lessard told the driver he'd stay with her beside the road until a tow truck arrived.

Lessard has been charged with misdemeanor impersonating an officer and felony possession of a firearm and ammunition without a license and carrying a dangerous weapon - a police-style retractable baton.

[​IMG]
    Tyngsborough Police

He's been held without bail pending his arraignment Monday in Lowell District Court. It couldn't be immediately determined if he has a lawyer. Police say they're looking into whether Lessard was involved in similar incidents previously.

2. Kilvinsky

Kilvinsky I think, therefore I'll never be promoted.

I'm guessing that he must have done something OTHER than offer to stand by with a DMV awaiting a tow truck, because that's just being a good citizen. He must have done SOMETHING else to tip off the boys and get himself locked up.
    Being a whacker with a heart is borderline commendable. And it was a RED crown Victoria, maybe he was playing Arson Investigator?

kdk240, woodyd, RodneyFarva and 2 others like this.
  3. Fuzzywuzzy

Fuzzywuzzy MassCops Member

Eventually Crown Vics will no longer be associated with police vehicles by citizens, and no longer be whacker desirable. I mean, anyone think cops are still using Diplomats/Gran Furys?

Goose likes this.
  4. Kilvinsky

Kilvinsky I think, therefore I'll never be promoted.

I wish. I miss the Grand Furys. Tough looking cars that SCREAMED Police vehicle. They were also just very comfortable and durable, at least the one I had as a kid. 1970 with all the bells and whistles of the time. Sigh. I loved that car.

I'm still wondering exactly what he did to warrant the charge of impersonating a police officer. He never identified himself as such, never showed a badge (didn't even have one on him, supposedly) and frankly, the baton was only found after a search of the car. Highway department employees also occasionally drive crown vics and have flashing lights. Did he make any threatening statements? Did he exhibit any kind of real authority towards the woman driver or her passenger? I'm really wondering. He drove a crown vic and was armed. He had some warning lights in on the rear deck. I'm scratching my head. Again, I wasn't there, but....

Goose and pahapoika like this.