Police Car Look a-likes by Security Company(s)

Discussion in 'Whacker Photos' started by vtdeputy, May 24, 2010.

1. vtdeputy

vtdeputy MassCops Member

I don't know how I got to this website, probably off another website posted by someone on MC...But check it out....Security Vehicles

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    A freaking Heli-o for a security company...man!

2. 263FPD

263FPD Administrator Staff Member

[​IMG]

An airwing? Realy? WTF????

3. vtdeputy

vtdeputy MassCops Member

that was my reaction!!!

4. cc3915

cc3915 Masscops Angel Staff Member

Private security and patrol is HUGE out in CA. When I was out in Sacramento a few years ago, I saw more private patrol vehicles than I did local PD or Sheriffs. The beautiful people and some businesses hire them to patrol their properties 24/7.

5. 263FPD

263FPD Administrator Staff Member

A Whacker paradise.

6. JMody

JMody Special...

Had an Alliance Security vehicle fly by me on the highway not more than 2 hours ago. Thing looked like a legit cruiser when behind you till flew by and you could make out the side of the car. Clear LED light bar and everything.

7. soxrock75

soxrock75 BOOM!

Saw a marked and fully loaded black and gray Charger in Boston the other night. All done up with graphics etc. that said something along the lines of "Housing Patrol" with a big "clamshell" stye badge on the door. I didnt see the name of the company though.............

8. Inspector

Inspector Subscribing Member

In some areas of the U.S., particularly down south, gated communities are now patrolled by these guys even as local police departments and sheriffs are being cut back severely. The thing is in some areas even traffic enforcement in the gated private property is carried out by these people with property owners contracted to pay fines etc. for violations. Some are armed and respond to calls within the gates and function as private police. In the meantime people living outside the gates are open targets for bad guys because they have fewer cops. In other gated communities county sheriffs work paid details inside the gated communities but patrols are hard to found outside.

9. Paul Revere

Paul Revere MassCops Member

SOX.... I saw these guys too! The clamshell reads "Special Police". Hilarious.

10. Lost

Lost MassCops Member

I see that car about once a week around dinner time... I always want to go ask WTF, but change my mind when I start to consider how that conversation could go.

11. Paul Revere

It's better to trust your assumptions, the WTF situation is very self explanatory! LOL

12. Lost

Lost MassCops Member

13. Paul Revere

I can't see anything for some reason, just the web hosting service logo

---------- Post added at 18:39 ---------- Previous post was at 18:39 ----------

[​IMG]

14. jedediah1

jedediah1 MassCops Member

i clicked it and almost got a virus

15. EnforceOfficer

EnforceOfficer New Member

A Security company using the words "Special Police" could be charged criminally here in Canada...Security companies cannot use the words "Police" or "Enforcement" or "Officer" anywhere on the uniforms or vehicles...

While some University Police Dept's in Ontario use the word "Police" on their vehicles/uniforms, the Provincial Government is said to prefer them to use the term "University Special Constable Service" on their vehicles/uniforms etc...

16. SPINMASS

SPINMASS Subscribing Member

Richie,

That is US security services. They took over the Masshousing contract after Longwood lost it.

17. EnforceOfficer

Toronto Public Housing has it's own two-tiered Law Enforcement system..
    1)Housing Special Constables...A Peace Officer with all the same power as a Police Officer for all criminal, provincial and municipal by-law offences minus the firearm (they carry batons, OC spray)...
    2) Housing Provincial Offences Officers...An Officer with very limited Peace Officer status for issuing tickets/summonses for provincial trespass laws and municipal by-law offences...(they carry batons, NO OC spray)

Both types of Officers are employees of the City housing authority and are not private security...

18. Kilvinsky

Kilvinsky I think, therefore I'll never be promoted.

Canada seems to go out of its way to make things difficult, doesn't it!?!?!

19. jedediah1

20. EnforceOfficer

Indeed :)

Take this one for instance...If prohibited waste is thrown on the curbside by the home owner, it's my (County) jurisdiction, it's thrown on the other side of the sidewalk closer to the house, it's the jurisdiction of my colleagues at the City...:teeth_smile:

21. rg1283

rg1283 MassCops Member

Sounds like the Boston vs. State Police arguments. In Boston all of the state land (Highways, Parks, buildings, etc.) fall on the State Police.

22. dcs2244

dcs2244 Moderator Staff Member

You forgot to link their theme:

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jyV41-tFPcQ"]YouTube- Living In The U.S.A.-Steve Miller Band-1968[/nomedia]

The "star guard" part is evidenced by the B5 organ...just listen.

:)

23. soxrock75

soxrock75 BOOM!

Ran across this car again today on Huntington Ave. Note the "quality" parking job in the "T" bus stop............

24. jedediah1

special officer u.s.s.a??????

25. rdmj72

rdmj72 MassCops Member

If I remember right, Boston Rule 400 states that you cannot have the words, "Boston", "Police" ect. on your uniform or vehicles...............

Or, else you would have seen on that car,"Boston Special Police, Boston Housing Patrol".....................