41 - 60 of 166 Posts
Discussion starter · #41 ·
I wonder if this is the same Paul Andrade

Wareham man dies in two-car accident

By Enterprise staff
ENTERPRISE CORRESPONDENT
Posted Oct 22, 2008 @ 10:57 AM

WAREHAM -

An Onset resident was killed yesterday after his vehicle crashed into a pickup truck on Cranberry Highway.

Paul Andrade, 52, of Old Onset Rd., died at Boston Medical Center while undergoing emergency surgery yesterday.

According to police, Andrade was driving south on the highway near Monteiro Street in a 1989 Oldsmobile when he drifted across the center line into oncoming traffic.

A pickup truck, driven by Harrison Walker, 20, of East Falmouth, attempted to swerve to avoid Andrade, but the two collided and Andrade suffered serious injuries.

Andrade's family declined to comment Wednesday.

http://www.enterprisenews.com/news/x1157492384/Wareham-man-dies-in-two-car-accident

So it is the same guy?

Discussion starter · #45 ·
Wareham man who accused police of racial profiling dies in accident

By MIKE ROCHA
Standard-Times staff writer
October 23, 2008 6:00 AM

WAREHAM - An Onset man who sparked a controversy last month when he accused a police officer of racial profiling died Tuesday after a midmorning automobile accident on Cranberry Highway, Wareham police said.
Paul Andrade, 52, of Old Onset Road was driving south on Route 28 just south of Suddard Ford at about 10:20 a.m. when he crossed into oncoming traffic, Wareham police Lt. Irving Wallace said.
Mr. Andrade, driving a 1989 Oldsmobile, collided with a pickup truck driven by Harrison Walker, 20, of East Falmouth.
Mr. Walker attempted to avoid the accident by swerving to his left, Lt. Wallace said.
Mr. Andrade was taken to Tobey Hospital in Wareham and later transported by helicopter to Boston Medical Center, where he died during emergency surgery, police said.
A woman who answered the telephone Wednesday at Mr. Andrade's residence said the family was not ready to comment.
On Sept. 9, Mr. Andrade told the selectmen that he was abused by a Wareham police officer who reportedly doused him with an entire can of pepper spray after pulling him over on Onset Avenue.
Mr. Andrade's complaint led Selectman Bruce Sauvageau to call the officer a "gutless coward" and a "disgrace to the Wareham Police Department."
The selectmen's statements led Wareham Police Chief Thomas A. Joyce to issue a statement defending the officer and criticizing the selectman's comments.

http://www.southcoasttoday.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20081023/NEWS/810230345

Poor Mr. Andrade. Did anyone dial 9-1-1 when the accident happen and did he crawl from the wreckage and demand to know why he was being harassed?

I try (somewhat) to be a good Catholic and I know that this is basically NOT the correct attitude to have, but HA HA FUCKFACE!

God forgive me.

Just ask Earl, kharma is a bitch!

Breaking news! Selectman Windbag was arrested by the Wareham Police!!!

http://www.southcoasttoday.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20081217/NEWS/81217003/1015/TOWN14

Don't forget to read the article from the local anti-police propaganda "newspaper", The Wareham Observer. Robert Slager who is the editor of this tiny paper is always quick to attack the police. Occasionally he will mention something positive about the police to make himself look fair and balanced. He is one of those organized conspiracy types. I'm talking black helicopter stuff.

Pay special attention to the ignorant comments made by Selectwoman Brenda Eckstrom about the need for backup. Who is she to decide how many officers should check on a brother officer conducting a trafffic stop at 12:39 AM? Not to mention it is good to have witnesses around when dealing with Selectman Bruce Sauvageau. I wouldn't put it past him to make a false accusation.

http://www.thewarehamobserver.com/

Incidently his license was suspended for non-payment of a citation that he appealed twice, but was found responsible for. The incident that resulted in the citation occured when a Wareham Police Officer working a road construction detail, spotted him tailgating an ambulance through the construction site. The detail Officer waved him over and during the stop Selectman Bruce Sauvageau told the detail Officer to go "F__K himself".

Karma. I believe in it more everyday.

Discussion starter · #52 ·
The Wareham Observer
Sauvageau arrested

Shortly after selectmen Bruce Sauvageau entered into a discussion during a selectmen meeting Tuesday night involving alleged racism by a Wareham police officer, he was arrested, handcuffed and placed in a jail cell for allegedly driving with a suspended license.
Sauvageau, who lives at 188 Swifts Beach Road, was returning home from the selectmen meeting when he was pulled over by three Wareham police officers at 12:39 a.m. on Marion Road. According to Wareham police, officer David Simmons spotted the car and ran a "random query" on Sauvageau's vehicle. The Registry of Motor Vehicles database allegedly revealed that the 50-year-old Sauvageau had a suspended license.
During Tuesday night's selectmen meeting, a hearing on the liquor license status of Webster Hall lead to an accusation that one of the establishment's owners had been the victim of racial profiling after being arrested for allegedly having an invalid driver's license. Through his attorney, the owner claimed he heard the arresting officer say that there are too many "n-i-g-g-e-r-s" in Wareham. Sauvageau asked for the name of the arresting officer.
Sauvageau was embroiled in a controversy involving claims of excessive force made by an Onset resident this past summer. Paul Andrade had approached selectmen claiming Officer Charles Pillsbury had empty an entire canister of pepper spray in his face during a routine traffic stop. Sauvageau responded by saying Andrade's first problem was that he was black. Sauvageau later publicly apologized for those comments.
Andrade was killed in a car accident a few weeks later.
Sauvageau had been at odds with Officer Pillsbury since 2006, after Pillsbury pulled his wife over a block from their Swifts Beach home early one Sunday morning as she was driving to church. Charges that Rose Savauageau had improper registration were quickly thrown out of court. Sauvageau believes the incident was in response to his public criticism of Officer Pillsbury's mother - Mary Jane Pillsbury, who served on the board of selectmen at the time. Mary Jane Pillsbury, who also served as director of the Wareham Free Library, lost her battle with liver cancer a few months ago.
Sauvageau was in court today to fight the charges and did not return a phone call seeking comment.
Fellow selectman Brenda Eckstrom questioned why three officers were needed on a "random check" of a properly licensed and registered vehicle at 12:39 in the morning.
"This is the same thing they did to his wife a year and a half ago," she said.
The Wareham Police Department declined to provide the Observer with a copy of the police report

http://www.thewarehamobserver.com/

Wareham Selectman charged with driving on a suspended license
By Mike Rocha
SouthCoastToday.com
December 17, 2008 9:20 AM

WAREHAM - Selectman Bruce Sauvageau was arrested by Wareham police for driving with a suspended license early this morning, police said.
Mr. Sauvageau, 50, of 188 Swifts Beach Road, was driving on Marion Road at 12:39 a.m., when Wareham police officer David Simmons spotted the car and ran a "random query" on the vehicle, Police Lt. Irving Wallace said in a statement. The Registry of Motor Vehicles database indicated the owner had a suspended license.
Mr. Sauvageau, who was elected to the Wareham Selectboard in 2003, was charged with operating after suspension of his license.

http://www.southcoasttoday.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20081217/NEWS/81217003

Fellow selectman Brenda Eckstrom questioned why three officers were needed on a "random check" of a properly licensed and registered vehicle at 12:39 in the morning.
"This is the same thing they did to his wife a year and a half ago," she said.
A traffic stop after midnight on someone with a clear track record of hostility towards the police? I think it's perfectly reasonable.

Operating after suspension isn't open for debate, like running a red light or pulling a rolling stop at a stop sign. If someone is a public critic of the police, does Ms. Eckstrom believe they should have immunity from traffic laws?

What goes around, comes around Mr. Sauvageau.

A traffic stop after midnight on someone with a clear track record of hostility towards the police? I think it's perfectly reasonable.

Operating after suspension isn't open for debate, like running a red light or pulling a rolling stop at a stop sign. If someone is a public critic of the police, does Ms. Eckstrom believe they should have immunity from traffic laws?

What goes around, comes around Mr. Sauvageau.
Neither is operation w/o insurance, but the papers managed to make the stop of his wife look fishy by throwing the "quickly dismissed" line in their article.

99% of traffic charges are "quickly dismissed" without a conspiracy necessary.

The local anti-police news rag updated their artice with added comments by this selectman.

By Robert Slager
warehamobserver@aol/com

Shortly after selectmen Bruce Sauvageau entered into a discussion during a selectmen meeting Tuesday night involving alleged racism by a Wareham police officer, Sauvageau was arrested, handcuffed and placed in a jail cell for allegedly driving with a suspended license.

Sauvageau, who lives on Swifts Beach Road, was returning home from the selectmen meeting when he was pulled over by three Wareham police officers at 12:39 a.m. on Marion Road. According to Wareham police, officer David Simmons spotted the car and ran a "random query" on Sauvageau's car. The Registry of Motor Vehicles database allegedly revealed that the 50-year-old Sauvageau had a suspended license.

The charges were dismissed on Wednesday in Wareham District Court after a judge ruled that there was no factual basis for the allegation.

"Our chief of police is completely out of control. I'm no longer just questioning his competency. I'm questioning his mental health," Sauvageau said. "I think this was almost an identical situation of my wife (who was arrested in 2006 for allegedly having improper registration, a charge that was also dismissed). Last night, at the selectmen meeting, another black man stood up and said he was called a racial epitaph. But I can't talk about racism in Wareham or excessive force or nepotism because the chief feels he is immune from that. If he thinks he will intimidate me or the rest of the board from discussing these things, he is mistaken."

Sauvageau called for the immediate resignation of Police Chief Thomas Joyce.
"I think this chief needs to immediate resign or his boss should summarily dismiss him pending his due process rights and he can have his day in court just like I did," Sauvageau said. "Now I have to be afraid for me and my wife."

According to Sauvageau, he was approaching his home on Swifts Beach Road when he was surrounded by three police cruisers. He said he was told to get out of his car, asked for his license and registration, and then handcuffed and placed inside one of the cruisers. He said he wasn't told what he was being charged with.

"Then they threw me into a jail cell and kept me there until 4 o'clock in the morning," Sauvageau said. "They arrested me at almost the exact spot they arrested my wife."
Sauvageau said his arrest was an attempt to stifle his free speech.
"They were waiting for me," he said. "They knew exactly where I would be and when I would be there. This was no random stop."

Sauvageau said his attorney is "screaming at me" to file a civil rights lawsuit.
"But that would put me in the terrible position of suing the town that I represent," Sauvageau said. "I don't want to do that."

During Tuesday night's selectmen meeting, a hearing on the liquor license status of Webster Hall lead to an accusation that one of the establishment's owners had been the victim of racial profiling after being arrested for allegedly having an invalid driver's license. Through his attorney, the owner claimed he heard the arresting officer say that there are too many "n-i-g-g-e-r-s" in Wareham. Sauvageau asked for the name of the arresting officer.

Sauvageau was embroiled in a controversy involving claims of excessive force made by an Onset resident this past summer. Paul Andrade had approached selectmen claiming Officer Charles Pillsbury had empty an entire canister of pepper spray in his face during a routine traffic stop. Sauvageau responded by saying Andrade's first problem was that he was black. Sauvageau later publicly apologized for those comments. Andrade died in a car accident a few weeks later.

Sauvageau had been at odds with Officer Pillsbury since 2006, after Pillsbury pulled his wife over a block from their Swifts Beach home early one Sunday morning as she was driving to church. Charges that Rose Savauageau had improper registration were quickly thrown out of court. Sauvageau believes the incident was in response to his public criticism of Officer Pillsbury's mother - Mary Jane Pillsbury, who served on the board of selectmen at the time. Mary Jane Pillsbury, who also served as director of the Wareham Free Library, lost her battle with liver cancer a few months ago.

The Wareham Police Department declined to provide the Observer with a copy of the police report regarding Sauvageau's arrest.

41 - 60 of 166 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.