Robin Murphy, involved in Satanic cult murders, back in prison on parole violation

Discussion in 'New England' started by kwflatbed, Sep 3, 2011.

1. kwflatbed

kwflatbed Subscribing Member MC1+MC2 +MC3 91K+Poster

2. kwflatbed

Re: Robin Murphy, involved in Satanic cult murders, back in prison on parole violatio

Former Satanic Cult Leader Fired From State Job

A convicted killer and former satanic cult leader who landed a job on the state payroll has been fired after she violated conditions of her parole, NewsCenter 5 has learned.
    Robin Murphy – who was hired by former Labor Secretary Suzanne Bump, now the state Auditor – was fired this month after her arrest on charges she consorted with a known felon, a violation of the parole she received in 2004.
    “She is no longer on the state payroll,’’ said Alison Harris, spokeswoman for the state’s Office of Labor and Workplace Development told NewsCenter 5 today. “She was separated from employment Sept. 6.”
    The move came after Murphy was spotted by Massachusetts State Police driving a car through Chelsea with another woman on July 19 and was observed picking up a known heroin dealer. Troopers found heroin the car driven by Murphy, said State Police spokesman David Procopio.

Read more: Former Satanic Cult Leader Fired From State Job - Boston News Story - WCVB Boston
  3. MSP75

MSP75 Guest

It is ashame that it took the troopers to force this to happen. It is also unbelievable that Bump is unscathed by this whole situation. I know. I shouldn't be surprised.

Sent from my ADR6300
  4. kwflatbed

5. sdb29

sdb29 MassCops Member

Re: Robin Murphy, involved in Satanic cult murders, back in prison on parole violatio

It's kind of funny- When I started on this job back in the late 1970's this case was big news at the time. And it dragged on through appeals and I think a new trial or two through the 1980's and in to the 1990's. I used to joke that this case would never be finished and I would be retired before it was adjudicated. Now, thirty odd years later as I'm getting ready to wrap things up, it's back in the news.

I think I'll go home and watch my grandson's copy of "Lion King" and have a glass of Ensure.
  6. kwflatbed

7. CJIS

CJIS MassCops Member

I really hope they don't let this sick bastard out. Though in this state nothing would surprise me.
  8. kwflatbed

Robin Murphy, convicted of 1980 satanic cult murder, denied parole

NATICK —
    Robin Murphy was denied parole for the Feb. 8, 1980, murder of Karen Marsden.
    Murphy, 49, will spend five years behind bars before she can apply for parole again. Five years is the maximum amount of time the Parole Board can set between parole reviews.
    Murphy pleaded guilty to second degree murder and turned state’s evidence. She received a sentence of life in prison, which allowed her to apply for parole after 20 years.
    She won parole in 2004, but went back to prison in August of 2011 after the state police stopped the car she was driving in a high-crime neighborhood in Revere. The woman with her had heroin in her purse and a felony conviction on her record.

Read more: http://www.heraldnews.com/news/x1292877849/Robin-Murphy-convicted-of-1980-satanic-cult-murder-denied-parole#ixzz29g8lwcQ4