Massachusetts Cop Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Running red light as jol

11K views 36 replies 11 participants last post by  263FPD 
#1 ·
Hey I'm a junior operator living in mass and received a ticket for going through a red-light and I'm 17 i was wondering if i could lose my license for such an offense? or if i should fight it

#2 ·
You should fight the ticket and drag that cop into court. I'm sick of those guys giving erroneous tickets just so they can fill their monthly quota. My brother's baby momma said that in the Springfield area the officer with the most tickets gets a toaster oven or similar gift and they have a banquet at Chez Josef in Agawam.

#4 ·
I think JOL loss of license applies only to speeding. You can't be that far removed from your driver education. What did they tell you there?

Also, I don't see any reason why you wouldn't fight the ticket. First of all, you may get it dismissed. Second of all.....

Thank you for the overtime.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#7 ·
I think JOL loss of license applies only to speeding. You can't be that far removed from your driver education. What did they tell you there?

If the kid's permit test had similar questions to the ones that were on the test when my youngest took it a few years ago; then, there were likely a lot of questions on penalties, fines and loss of license. That nifty little handbook that you're expected to know cover to cover when you get your license should tell you what you can lose your license for as a JOL. But as others have mentioned, you should fight it even if you won't lose your license because at 17 any surcharges on your insurance are going to make it go through the roof and to teach that mean old cop that he can't give you a ticket for going through a red light since I'm sure you only did it because you a) had some place really important to be, b) couldn't stop in time, c) didn't see the light turned red, or d) the light wasn't really red it was orange when you went through it.

#9 ·
Oh yeah, the cell phone? When you get in the car, toss it in the glove box and forget about it until you park somewhere. At 17 you have nowhere near the driving abilities to use it in any fashion (aside from the fact that you're not supposed to use it while driving).

#10 ·
I'm sorry grn3charlie, but I can't take my eyes off of your avatar's tits, it's mouthwatering.

#14 ·
Enjoy my friend! Don't know how long it will be there. The wife saw it and busted my chops over it. She actually asked why I would want the members to think I was female. Considering I've been on this site for several years, don't think anyone would make THAT mistake.

#11 ·
hey bro - Is this you? Causing a rolling over 2 weeks ago wasnt enough? Prior to being heard by the clerk magistrate, they google your name!!! Dont bother appealing - just pay it!

HOPEDALE -
Two teenagers were uninjured after one drove through a red light yesterday causing a two-car accident, police said.
Thomas Gensamer, 18, of Worcester, was driving his Jeep SUV east on Mendon Street when he failed to stop at a red light and slammed into a GMC SUV driven by Joseph DeAngelis, 17, of Milford, police said.
Gensamer's vehicle rolled onto the driver's side after striking the other car, police said.
The vehicles had to be towed. Both Gensamer and DeAngelis refused medical treatment at the scene, police said.
Hopedale Police cited Gensamer for failing to stop at a red light, police said.

Read more: http://www.milforddailynews.com/news/x345283000/Jeep-SUV-slams-into-GMC-in-Hopedale#ixzz20QthzLya

#28 ·
first of all I'm a different Joseph DeAngelis not the one that crashed and the light was yellow when i went through it and still got pulled over
IP Address confirms that this Joe, is not the same Joe.

Do me a favor, Joey. Send me a PM. We need to have a little chat. Quite possibly, I may be able to explain a thing or two.

Also, why are you asking if you should fight the ticket, when you have already filed for an appeal.

My first reply stands. I don't see any harm in appealing the ticket. We really don't get angry when you do that. In fact, many of us kind of like it.

#13 ·
I'm confused, it says Gensamer was cited, not DeAngelis?

#17 ·
Enough talk of red lights, I'm trying to focus on grn3charlie's avatar!

#22 ·
TMI's cousin: NEI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Not Enough Info
Sorry dude.

She was a showgirl
With yellow feathers in her hair and a dress cut down to there
She would merengue and do the cha-cha
And while she tried to be a star, Tony always tended bar
Across a crowded floor, they worked from 8 till 4
They were young and they had each other
Who could ask for more?

Reactions: Rock
#23 ·
Thanks, now that song is stuck in my head. So, here's a little payback (& no I didn't watch the video). :D

first of all I'm a different Joseph DeAngelis not the one that crashed and the light was yellow when i went through it and still got pulled over
Looks like he's choosing "d) the light wasn't really red it was orange when you went through it." Although, bonus points should be granted for knowing the light is yellow not orange.

#35 ·
It's got something to do with everything, and everything to do with something. However, 60% of the time it works every time, guaranteed...most if the time. I digress.

#34 ·
Reactions: USMCMP5811
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.