Searching for Help for acquiring a policing job

Discussion in 'Academy Information' started by Willrosa, Jun 14, 2011.

1. Willrosa

Willrosa MassCops Member

Hey everybody, thanks for reading! I'm looking at many of the job opportunities posted here and I'm noticing majority of them require you to have graduated from a police academy already...what the hell? Seems like the military BOHICA set up, figured you would get your training as your on your way to landing your job..... I recently separated from the army as an infantryman and im trying to get on my feet and start a normal life. If anyone can point me in the right direction for getting into one of these academys i would GREATLY appreciate.. I've tried googling the municipal academy or whatever and all i get is a website laughing at me, saying, YOU NEVER GET THIS like borats sister...HELP!!!! ARWBAFUYAG)@

2. canhockjmg

canhockjmg MassCops Member

Did you take the Civil Service exam in April?

3. Pvt. Cowboy

Pvt. Cowboy Lemme take a selfie Staff Member

Welcome to my world kid.

You can try the self-sponsor route...

4. 5-0

5-0 Guest

LOL. When I go to work, I have to do welfare checks on Cowboy now....

5. CJIS

CJIS MassCops Member

Try a different state if you really want to get into the job.

6. nesafety

nesafety MassCops Member

Try campus PD?

7. Willrosa

Willrosa MassCops Member

Yea i think so, is the civil service exam the same one as The Dept of Correction Officer 1 exam?
    And I've applied for some campus PD's, or at least the ones that dont require the academy thing....So i guess go to a local police station and request a sponsor? is that how you go about that sponsorshipness thing? hahaha..... GO BRUINS

8. csauce777

csauce777 Supporting Member

If you're serious about a sponsorship to the academy, I'd start by contacting your local Chief and requesting an appointment to meet with him. Bring a resume, wear a suit, and be serious about your aspirations and goals. MAYBE you'll have some luck.

9. Pvt. Cowboy

Hahahaha... Shuddup.

10. SgtAndySipowicz

SgtAndySipowicz Supporting Member

If I could do it again I would have put myself through the LA county academy, which was run @ some community college (I forget the name of the CC). I would have done this at the earliest possibly age, which I believe is 21. The academies in CA are recognized by most states so you would become pretty marketable nation wide. Plus, you get to live in LA when your 21, which is a great experience.............

11. Foxy85

Foxy85 MassCops Member

Cowboy has made several Q-5 statements to me. Everyone keep a close eye on him.....

12. Pvt. Cowboy

Just because YOU didn't wanna wear the tin foil hat I made you...

13. Deuce

Deuce screw you...

[​IMG]

14. mtc

mtc High Priestess Staff Member

I'm calling troll now...

NOBODY's that stupid !! If he really found his way to the DOC exam, then he'd know how to find the state CS test.

15. honor12900

honor12900 MassCops Member

Agreed.

16. Lookinforacopjob

Lookinforacopjob MassCops Member

This could be the stupidest quote I have ever seen on this site.... You deserve to work for the DOC.

17. Willrosa

Willrosa MassCops Member

Well my fathers in the DOC...Was pretty easy for him to tell me where to go, Im not trolling, sorry if I have no idea about how Massachusetts runs things...they dont really teach us the rules and regulations of applying for different jobs in the army... And if i had a website about shit i knew about i wouldnt call you stupid for posting in the correct section looking for help on it...

Oh yea i forgot POGs get to spend there days doing nothing, therefor having time to perfectly plan out their little princess road to happiness....CM high speed

18. 5-0

5-0 Guest

lol. I like this kid. Stick around bud.

You've got
    [​IMG]

19. USMCMP5811

USMCMP5811 Administrator Staff Member

Well, here you go, I'm sure you know where the office is, Should be real easy for you....

United States Army Military Police School

20. Eagle13

Eagle13 #FYPM

Let me give you a bit of real advise from someone who knows the road of candidacy quite well...find out about two things, Google and AMBITION!

21. mpguy

mpguy MassCops Member

Bingooooooooooooooooo!!!

You can find anything on Google! Last week I think I found Jesus! :teeth_smile:

22. Willrosa

Willrosa MassCops Member

hahaha, are you riding a fucking donkey? that is heroic

---------- Post added at 13:19 ---------- Previous post was at 12:52 ----------

Well i landed a job as a security gaurd at TF green airport, should be a good start to get my foot in the door, looking forward to it actually....finally something that actually requires security, hopefully i get to practice some BJJ on some asshole....Pretty excited about getting back into the mindset!!!! Love being on my toes....:stomp:Keep it tight gentlemen, thanks for keepin america safe =P

23. USMCMP5811

USMCMP5811 Administrator Staff Member

Sooo, this translates to what, you're with the TSA now??? and BJJ, what the Eff is that? Ball Jerkin and Jiving

24. niteowl1970

niteowl1970 Moderator Staff Member

They have airport police at T.F. Green and TSA providing security. They might have contract guys doing some observe and report duties though. Either way.. He's either a cop or a crotch grabber.

25. 7costanza

7costanza Supporting Member

BJJ, Brazilian Jiu -Jitsu.

Brilliant, sounds like you will be employed about 5 mins. Thanks for Serving though, I appreciate it.