Sheriffs and State Police arrest former Southboro selectman on Internet sex sting

Discussion in 'Sheriffs' started by PBC FL Cop, May 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Otto

Otto Subscribing Member

Yes. Everything stemmed from criminal activity inside the jail or on the property. If the investigation leads into the community, we join with state or local police to complete the investigation and or make arrests.

We've made tons of warrant arrests of visitors.

Often, we learn of criminal activity not directly involving our prisoners. In those cases, we notify the agency with jurisdiction, and have no other involvement unless requested.

2. bbelichick

bbelichick Moderator Staff Member

And you PERSONALLY have made thses HUNDREDS of arrests?

I'm calling bullsh*t.

3. Otto

Otto Subscribing Member

Yes. I have personally made probably 200 -300 arrests.

4. 4424

4424 MassCops Member

Geez, what took you so long Big BBlechick? I've been waiting for a dumbass reply... the wait is now over.

5. bbelichick

And I guess the wait is over for the Hack Sheriffs suck *ss apologist reply.

6. mapd

mapd MassCops Member

You've arrested hundreds of bad guys as a Deputy Sheriff ???? Hundreds??? Come on now....You don't really expect us to believe.....

7. bbelichick

Just not buying it.

8. 4424

4424 MassCops Member

atta boy I knew you had it in you. Did you ever think that if you just dont go into the Sheriff part of this forum your life would have absolutely no meaning?

9. bbelichick

Did you ever think that if you weren't such a suck*ss that you would be working at McDonalds?

10. nirtallica

nirtallica Subscribing Member

That,s OK. The little Sheriff scheme is over anyway. The wool that has been pulled over the Feds eyes has just come off and the Sheriffs have been exposed for what they really are FRAUDS! The word is that the Federal Money faucet for the Mass Sheriffs is being SHUT OFF pending invest. I am sure that the State is going to fund all these Sheriffs with all of this money we have LOL. No more toys Dipoala and Hodgson. Now maybe you can spend more time focusing on reintergration and security for your jails.:---)

11. SinePari

SinePari Needs more complaints

Reallly? Do tell do tell...what did I miss?

12. nirtallica

I heard this from a SPAM rep. It seems that Middlesex is trying for a helicopter and that was the breaking point. Stay tuned.

13. mapd

mapd MassCops Member

clap...clap...clap..clap

14. sylvester

sylvester MassCops Member

it really is a squandering of our tax dollars - they go to a mickey mouse part time academy, do not respond to 911 calls, or other calls for that matter and have no police experience - yet, due to misinformed feds they suck up huge amounts of Homeland Security grants. I have no problem with c.o's, part time deputies who are level headed and only in it for details... but the air heads who think they are police are wackos. Sheriff Department resources really should be spent on incarcerating inmates. The local, State and Feds have policing covered. Boats, helicopters, county patrol - what a sham and slap in the face to taxpayers . take the test and go to a real academy, answer real emergency and routine calls - stop slipping in the side door

15. JoninNH

JoninNH MassCops Member

Sixty-four replys... ten of which have to do with the article posted, the rest are Sheriff vs. Police, or Police vs. Sheriff... Interesting.

16. Otto

Otto Subscribing Member

Yes. I have. And, no, I don't expect certain people to believe... They don't believe that a sheriff is authorized to arrest or capable of it if he / she were authorized.

Why some people refuse to believe that jails full of criminals and are ripe with criminal activity is beyond me. Many of their associates have warrants and try to visit. Their licenses are revoked, the cars they drive are unregistered, uninsured (not arrestable, I know), contain drugs, sometimes even stolen. They try to bring in drugs or leave them somewhere on the property. They sometimes get disorderly...

Sometimes inmates escape. Then we go re-arrest them.

In the last year or so, we made our visit policy much more restrictive, and it has reduced the riff raff that comes here, but for a long time it was like fishing in a barrel.

17. 4424

4424 MassCops Member

WOW!! I expected much more than that from you. And hey, are you the guy that keeps asking asking for a McHotdog in drive thru?

18. bbelichick

I see the Sheriff has you placed in the proper Unit for your skills.

19. 4424

4424 MassCops Member

Did you want fries with that? Thank you please come again!!! By the way I spit in your food.

20. bbelichick

That's OK, I don't eat at your Unit..er..McDonalds.

I don't think it was spit, it was the drool running out of your mouth.

21. County 5-0

County 5-0 MassCops Member

Sheriff joins New Bedford PD in gang response
    By Associated Press
    Saturday, May 27, 2006

NEW BEDFORD -- Sheriff deputies will work alongside city police this weekend to try to prevent further violence after the mother of a reputed gang member was found shot to death in her bedroom days after investigators say her son killed a rival.

Bristol County Sheriff Tom Hodgson said yesterday he has increased the number of deputies in New Bedford to help city police stop more trouble before its starts.The body of Bernadette DePina, 49, was found with a gunshot wound around noon Thursday, said New Bedford police Capt. Richard Spirlet.

DePina is the mother of David "Crunchy" DePina II, 23, a reputed gang member who is charged in connection with the fatal shooting of Justin M. Barry, 20. Another man was also shot and remains in critical condition. A second suspect remains at large.

Investigators would not say whether the two killings were related. Spirlet said detectives are waiting for the results of an autopsy and following a variety of leads, including the notion that Bernadette DePina's death may have been a revenge killing.

Mayor Scott W. Lang warned about an escalation. "I don't want a cycle of violence in any way," Lang told the Standard-Times of New Bedford. "It is needless. It is something that we will not tolerate."

The two homicides are the first in New Bedford this year, Spirlet said. Bernadette DePina's death has struck a particular chord because she is a long time resident who has worked to combat violence and crime. "People are kind of up in arms, which they should be," Spirlet said. "We are hoping that this will break some of the codes of silence in on the streets."

For the past eight years, Bernadette DePina and her husband have volunteered at the Bristol County jail, leading inmates on three-day spiritual retreats, the sheriff said. She has been an almost a weekly fixture at the jail. City Councilor Viola Pina, who has known Bernadette DePina since childhood, called for a curfew. "I'm just so angry. I don't know what to do, but something has to be done," she told The Standard-Times. Lang said it was too early to talk about a curfew. Pina said her friend was active in the community and in the largely Cape Verdean Our Lady of Assumption church

22. HousingCop

HousingCop Czar of Cyncism and Satire

OK, after 8 pages of ramblings and some very funny HEAT & FLAME comments, I am here to set it all right.
    1) PCSO is involved, does that make it a bad thing? NO.
    2) I'd hate to see my partner try to imitate a 13 year old girl on the phone. His barritone voice may give him away. That's why they needed "squeeky".
    3) Skinner is off the streets & in jail. I don't care if Wackenhut or New World is involved. One less predator to pray on innocent CHILDREN.
    4) This is not about boats, bikes, H-2's, helicoptors or phasors set to stun mode. If they needed a female to get the job done, then so be it. If she happens to be in the PCSO who cares? You guys on the SP & LECS have your own toys and gizmo's to play with. Go stroke your M-16 or H&K P-5 with select fire mode.

We have a guy assigned to the DEA Drug Task Force Group 6 in Boston. Should we pull him out because you guys don't agree with what his badge says? NONSENSE. As told, he's one of the best U/C guys they've ever had up there & he's put many people away all over the Eastern seaboard in FEDERAL PRISON. He's not just local. You've got your own lemons on each & every job so why not make lemonade?? Just my .02 cents. HC

23. Vader

Vader MassCops Member

Do you know what a HEAT Team is? I've been asking for weeks. I honestly don't know.

24. Delta784

Delta784 Guest

HEAT = High-Tech Evidence Analysis Team.

25. nirtallica

Check out the Sheriffs web site. OHHH BOYYY! You can google it, since the link I put on does not seem to work.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.