speed trap law

Discussion in 'Ask A Cop' started by TurboLife, Apr 17, 2015.

1. TurboLife

TurboLife New Member

I had gotten pulled over by a patrol car hiding in an inlet, its to my understanding that a officers cruiser must be visible and have atleast parking lights on, is this true? on a side note the officer was very polite and did let me go with no ticket or citation so i got to keep my squeaky clean record

2. samadam78

samadam78 MassCops Member

3. niteowl1970

niteowl1970 Moderator Staff Member

yes... Also the officer must be wearing an authorized hat.

Chitownlost, Nshore, brk120 and 4 others like this.
  4. Bloodhound

Bloodhound MassCops Member

No. But people sure think it's true.

brk120, zm88, Goose and 2 others like this.
  5. niteowl1970

I've actually had members of the citizenry call dispatch to ask the same question. They all seem to have gotten the information on the Internet.

6. TacEntry

TacEntry MassCops Member

Thats probably why you didn't get a ticket- the officer will usually size people up. If they think you know the laws they won't mess with you.

Once this guy saw he was messing with Turbolife - he must have thought better of it.

Turbolife, are you a Fast & Furious fan?

BxDetSgt likes this.
  7. Tuna

Tuna Always entertained

Were you on the water? The only "inlets" I know about are usually part of a navigatable body of water.

mtc, zm88, mpd61 and 3 others like this.
  8. GARDA

GARDA Subscribing Member

german-speed-trap-german-police-demotivational-posters-1313408531.jpg

mtc, zm88, felony and 3 others like this.
  9. HistoryHound

HistoryHound Supporting Member

Everyone knows if it's on the Internet it's true. That's like a law or something.

militia_man, wwonka and mtc like this.
  10. RodneyFarva

RodneyFarva Get off my lawn!

many moons ago I got a call from some dope wanting to know why he was "followed home" by a cruiser, and he knows about the "three turn rule" I put him on speaker phone so every one and the watch commander could listen in.

militia_man, mtc, Goose and 1 other person like this.
  11. Mr Scribbles

Mr Scribbles Mr Scribbles44.blogspot.com

Did you ask to inspect the instrument used to determine your speed?
    Check the date of its last service AND make sure it was properly calibrated?
    An aside, we had a guy who worked midnights, that actually used a hair dryer to pull cars over while the radar was in the shop. Are you sure it was not a hair dryer?

BxDetSgt, zm88, FTH and 3 others like this.
  12. Danusmc0321

Danusmc0321 MassCops Member

Maybe you could read the chapter 90 MGL's, they are readily available online to anyone. Then you could research "your understanding" of the law, and maybe educate yourself that "your understanding" is false. Or you could choose the other route that you did by entertaining us, not do any research yourself, and post a myth you might have heard from a "smart" friend of yours that knows the "law".

Drinkthekoolaid likes this.
  13. Johnny Law

Johnny Law Nemo me impune lacessit Staff Member

The legal term is chapeau, every lawyer knows that

Nshore, niteowl1970 and Goose like this.
  14. felony

felony MassCops Member

Was the officer in a unmarked unit? If so, then you don't have to stop! All police cars, must have POLICE on them and if they try to be sneaky, you can give them the finger as you continue on your way. Also, tickets are only paper and dont really mean anything, just don't pay it. Whats the worst that will happen? They will just give you another piece of paper. In addition, to the hat that must be worn per MGL 90-1-1002.4, they must also wear a tie with tie clip, when in seasonal weather per POLICY!

Paypal me $500 bucks and I will tell you the secrets of KA band radar.

BxDetSgt and ShmitDiesel like this.
  15. Hank Moody

Hank Moody Duder Staff Member

Go away troll. Well, kind of tall for a troll. In Law Enforcement, this is what we call a clue. Picking up what I'm putting down Rich?

Mack.jpg

zm88 and mtc like this.
  16. Herrdoktor

Herrdoktor MassCops Member

I love this forum

Hank Moody likes this.
  17. Hank Moody

Hank Moody Duder Staff Member

I like big butts and I can not lie.

Johnny Law likes this.
  18. FourInchFury

FourInchFury MassCops Member

19. USM C-4

USM C-4 MassCops Member

luvthis post.jpg

Speed Trap Law:

1. Thou shalt not speed.
    2. See #1.

samadam78 and FTH like this.
  20. RodneyFarva

RodneyFarva Get off my lawn!

Lock it up, or Michael the decoy gets it!
    mike decoy.jpg

21. k12kop

k12kop MassCops Member

Also per MGL 90-1-1002.5, Black socks (not white) will be worn with duty shoes (or boots,refer to seasonal regulations) laced left over right.
    Send me money also and I will email you the benefits of Lincoln shoe polish over Kiwi.

felony likes this.
  22. USM C-4

USM C-4 MassCops Member

Fuck, yeah. Lincoln over Kiwi any day.

23. BxDetSgt

BxDetSgt MassCops Member

He did not write you a ticket? Please contact the Chief of Police in that town and complain about the lack of services. He should of written the violation. I am sure the chief's office will remedy the situation. That is what you are complaining about, no getting the ticket, right?

TurboLife, Hank Moody, felony and 2 others like this.
  24. niteowl1970

That's why LEO's shouldn't give warnings. Most people are ungrateful and bitch either way.

Hank Moody and felony like this.
  25. TurboLife

TurboLife New Member

i'm in no way ungrateful but i saw that all over the internet and was kinda wondering if thats why i didnt get the ticket i have alot of respect for anyone serving the law and no im not a troll its a question the forum is to ask questions thats the question ive had for awhile