Speeding Ticket on JoL

Discussion in 'Tickets & Citations' started by Jwhalen, Apr 8, 2017.

1. Jwhalen

Jwhalen New Member

I got a speeding ticket doing 66 in a 50 and I'm on a Junior Operators License. I got a ticket for $165 and I have court date set. When the cop pulled me over and gave me a ticket, he stated, "this will not affect your license." I later found out that I may have to reinstate my license, retake a drivers test and road test, alongside being suspended for 90 days. He also used radar. Do I plead guilty? Also what're the chances I get this appealed. Thanks in advance!

2. mtc

mtc High Priestess Staff Member

20 days, pay or appeal.
    Always appeal.

Then slow your roll - geezus that officer does NOT want to have to knock on your parent's door and tell them you've killed yourself wrapping around a tree.

HistoryHound likes this.
  3. Bloodhound

Bloodhound MassCops Member

Appeal and beg for mercy. And slow the f down.

pahapoika likes this.
  4. felony

felony MassCops Member

You're correct, your license will be suspended for 90 days and you will have to retake drives ed classes if found guilty. Chalk it up as a learning experience.

pahapoika likes this.
  5. kdk240

kdk240 MassCops Member

1. Appeal it. And please do the off. a favor if you don't get anywhere at a clerks hearing, please appeal to a judge. The off.will be greatful.
    2. Take this as your learning experience. I drove fast as a kid, alot of us did.we are not nieve. That said, ill say to you what i'd tell my own children or someone in your shoes that i have stopped for speeding. slow the Christ down, and hopefully the citation will teach you a lesson especially if you have to pay your own way through in life. 165.00 hurts. I can think of alot of things at your age id rather save for for that kind of dough. Instead now your paying a citation and if you pay your insurance like I had to as a kid well... it just went up. one last thing. me and others like me, the last thing we want to have to do is knock on your parents door and tell them you were hurt or killed because of stupidity. A few of us have been there, it's not a good memory. So help us help you. Driving is a pure privilege treat it is as such.