Massachusetts Cop Forum banner
20K views 36 replies 19 participants last post by  LA Copper 
#1 ·

What's YOUR Plan-B when other options fail or are ineffective?

See less See more
#5 ·

Making an Effective, Durable, Dependable and cost effective Less Lethal option is worth promoting.

This is the Peacekeeper Baton, NOT AN ASP. The Peacekeeper Baton is effective.

After a 10 month NIJ funded study, The Peacekeeper Baton outperformed all other impact weapons.
Including straight stick, side handle, PR-24 and other expandables.

Unlike other expandables which have been moved to the back of the belt or removed altogether, we are starting to see a new trend where officers are pulling out the Peacekeeper Baton FIRST to minimize any escalation. The Peacekeeper Baton gives you the effectiveness of a straight stick with the convenience of an expandable baton.

The weight is distributed in the distal half (striking area) of the baton instead of in the handle.
Redistributed weight design gives all officers greater authority and confidence; and more officer safety in a confrontation. It also requires less energy to achieve higher impact.

The Peacekeeper baton has a patented Joint Lock design which is the largest friction lock of any other expandable baton which reduces inadvertent collapsing.
Combined with the larger tip, you have the ability to strike or jab with the baton without it collapsing in the middle of an altercation. (See Jabbing Demo video)

We use high quality, 3/4″ "machined" steel that will not bend like other batons.
Which provides unsurpassed Durability - Life Time Warranty (See Durability video)

The Peacekeeper Baton has a larger flat end cap made from hardened steel
which gives officers the ability to expand the baton by pulling on the tip of the baton.
The ability to do so is ideal in confined space where OC Sprays may not be indicated for use, i.e. Subways, Residential, Commercial or Industrial environments. It creates a great defensive move and is ideal for close quarters tactics. Allows for jabbing techniques without impalement. Minimizes "burring. Reduces laceration liability thus reducing the chance of dealing with blood borne pathogens. Reduces damage to training equipment.

It has an 1 1/4" Handle & High-Friction Rubber Grip which provides sufficient gripping surface area to better retain your baton.

See for yourself, contact us to arrange a NO COST Test & Evaluation for your agency. Compare it to your current impact weapon and let us know what you think.

#6 ·
I can certainly say this may be an improvement, but in the end, it's still a metal baton.
This is the Peacekeeper Baton, NOT AN ASP. The Peacekeeper Baton is effective. = sales jargon
After a 10 month NIJ funded study, The Peacekeeper Baton outperformed all other impact weapons. = how?
the effectiveness of a straight stick with the convenience of an expandable baton. =like an ASP ?
We use high quality, 3/4″ "machined" steel that will not bend like other batons = vs. 'hand formed" pot metal ?

Allows for jabbing techniques without impalement. = ASP-related impalements have been increasing lately!

Redistributed weight design gives all officers greater authority and confidence = by authority do they mean legal, or more like command presence? and confidence meaning better posture?

Peacekeeper Sales; Welcome to Masscops, where there is a bit of training, experience, and opinion seasoned with a dash of skepticism and sarcasm. Good luck!

#10 · (Edited)
I can certainly say this may be an improvement, but in the end, it's still a metal baton.
This is the Peacekeeper Baton, NOT AN ASP. The Peacekeeper Baton is effective. = sales jargon
After a 10 month NIJ funded study, The Peacekeeper Baton outperformed all other impact weapons. = how?
the effectiveness of a straight stick with the convenience of an expandable baton. =like an ASP ?
We use high quality, 3/4″ "machined" steel that will not bend like other batons = vs. 'hand formed" pot metal ?

Allows for jabbing techniques without impalement. = ASP-related impalements have been increasing lately!
Redistributed weight design gives all officers greater authority and confidence = by authority do they mean legal, or more like command presence? and confidence meaning better posture?

Peacekeeper Sales; Welcome to Masscops, where there is a bit of training, experience, and opinion seasoned with a dash of skepticism and sarcasm. Good luck!
A healthy dose of skepticism and sarcasm are always welcomed, and they are indicative of a healthy mind.

I am not just a guy looking to sell a product. I am originally from the North Shore. Lynn/Swampscott to be exact. I relocated to California around 10 years ago.

I believe in the Peacekeeper Baton. When I go to conventions, conferences and trade shows nationwide, I hear officer after officer tell me about how much they love their Peacekeeper and how safer they feel carrying it compared to what they used to carry. How, when they've had to use it, it was effective, and how, based on sight and sound alone upon brandishing it causes subjects to submit.

One thing I noticed, is that not too many New England LEOs seem to know about our baton. I have many friends and family who still reside in Massachusetts, and I would feel better knowing that their law enforcement officials have the best equipment available to protect them. And, I sincerely believe that the Peacekeeper Baton is THE best impact weapon available.

I will address your questions point by point.

I strongly recommend you watch the video in the link. It demonstrates how the baton is different from other expandable batons infinitely better than I can describe it.

This is the Peacekeeper Baton, NOT AN ASP. The Peacekeeper Baton is effective.
After a 10 month NIJ funded study, The Peacekeeper Baton outperformed all other impact weapons.

Here is a link to the 10 Month NIJ funded study which determined that the Peacekeeper Baton's "performance exceeded those of straight and expandable batons."

the effectiveness of a straight stick with the convenience of an expandable baton.
I will refer you here to watch this short video that will show you the features and benefits of the Peacekeeper Baton.

We use high quality, 3/4″ "machined" steel that will not bend like other batons
This is addressed in the "FEATURES AND BENEFITS VIDEO" above. The Peacekeeper Baton is Proudly Made in the USA with Hardened American 4130 steel. Machining the steel allows for consistent tube wall density, especially at the joints. Other Expandable batons heat and stretch the metal at the friction lock joint. When you stretch metal, it weakens. So, the part that needs to be the strongest, is the weakest.

Allows for jabbing techniques without impalement.
Patented, larger friction locks and a broad flat tip will not collapse or perforate.

Redistributed weight design gives all officers greater authority and confidence
More command presence and confidence knowing their Peacekeeper Baton is effective.

If there is any more information I can provide, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Stay safe!

#20 ·
I WISH We'd go back back to the old wooden stick. You only had to hit the bad guy once or twice...(maybe 5 or 6 if he was really bad), but a leg strike sent them RIGHT to the ground, and an upper body shot usually took the fight out of all but the hardest. And if utilizing the old Lamb method, a pop in the noggin while trying to hit the collar bone LOL, left the bad guy wearing a turban, a la ISIS, so nowadays the libs can't complain

#22 ·
Every LAPD officer is issued a PR-24.
TJ Hooker got pretty good with it too! I know it's a TV show but if you watch him with it, he really learned how to use it well.
I plan on having mine bronzed when I retire!

Reactions: pahapoika
#30 ·
Hello RCB Peacekeeper Customer Service,

I am a Japanese living in Japan.
I am collecting batons all over the world for my hobby.
I have Winchester Baton 26".
But it is a product 15 years ago.
It does not lock well because it is a bit rusty.
Please sell PEACEKEEPER BATON to me.
I absolutely want PEACEKEEPER BATON.
I am not a police officer.
It is a common person.

My identity card is a driver's license.
Can I order the following items?
I will order from your website in January 2018.
no problems?

Manufacturer Part No: 926N 26" RCB Nickel
Quantity:1
and
Manufacturer Part No: 940-SLP
Quantity:1

Is the delivery method UPS? Or is it Fedex?
I am e-mailing from your website many times.
But no reply has arrived.

Please reply as soon as possible.

best regards.

JAPAN
13/DECEMBER/2017

#35 · (Edited)
Hey LA..

Do the uniformed guys from the LA County Coroners Office have any LE powers or LE type duties? I swear I've seen (online) a LACCO vehicle with "K9" on the side.
Not that I'm aware of. If they have cadaver search dogs, I've never seen them. I believe we have one or two of them. The Coroner's PIO is called a "Lieutenant" so apparently they have some type of rank structure, although I've only dealt with Coroner's "Investigators" over the years.

The coroner determines the manner of death like all coroners do. It's up to the police to determine if it was criminal. Any death at the hands of another is called "homicide." It's up to the police to determine if it was justified or not.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.