Massachusetts Cop Forum banner
21 - 37 of 37 Posts
Every LAPD officer is issued a PR-24.
TJ Hooker got pretty good with it too! I know it's a TV show but if you watch him with it, he really learned how to use it well.
I plan on having mine bronzed when I retire!

Reactions: pahapoika
I WISH We'd go back back to the old wooden stick. You only had to hit the bad guy once or twice...(maybe 5 or 6 if he was really bad), but a leg strike sent them RIGHT to the ground, and an upper body shot usually took the fight out of all but the hardest. And if utilizing the old Lamb method, a pop in the noggin while trying to hit the collar bone LOL, left the bad guy wearing a turban, a la ISIS, so nowadays the libs can't complain
Bring back the Lamb method ! :cool:

Tried-and-true method ! None of this green, red, blue, yellow crap :rolleyes:

Bring back the Lamb method ! :cool:

Tried-and-true method ! None of this green, red, blue, yellow crap :rolleyes:
I never heard of the lamb method until I read it on this post. I asked a coworker (who's been on the job for thirty-something years) and his face lit up. He gave me some basics on how he was trained and wishing he still had the green instruction booklet. He said it was a very useful tool! He ended up bringing his Lamb wooden baton to show me. I can definitely see how it was useful.

TJ Hooker got pretty good with it too! I know it's a TV show but if you watch him with it, he really learned how to use it well.
Except he threw it in a side spinning tomahawk motion to trip suspects running away in foot pursuits. Pretty sure Modnanonock would not back up that technique

Reactions: pahapoika
Except he threw it in a side spinning tomahawk motion to trip suspects running away in foot pursuits. Pretty sure Modnanonock would not back up that technique
It's funny how a lot people say that but it was actually "Stacy Sheriden" who did it a couple of times. When Hooker used it on the show, you could see that he really practiced with it because he knew how to swing it!

It's funny how a lot people say that but it was actually "Stacy Sheriden" who did it a couple of times. When Hooker used it on the show, you could see that he really practiced with it because he knew how to swing it!
I looked it up on YouTube because I couldn't remember. Looks like we're both right, she threw it, but he taught her to

Hello RCB Peacekeeper Customer Service,

I am a Japanese living in Japan.
I am collecting batons all over the world for my hobby.
I have Winchester Baton 26".
But it is a product 15 years ago.
It does not lock well because it is a bit rusty.
Please sell PEACEKEEPER BATON to me.
I absolutely want PEACEKEEPER BATON.
I am not a police officer.
It is a common person.

My identity card is a driver's license.
Can I order the following items?
I will order from your website in January 2018.
no problems?

Manufacturer Part No: 926N 26" RCB Nickel
Quantity:1
and
Manufacturer Part No: 940-SLP
Quantity:1

Is the delivery method UPS? Or is it Fedex?
I am e-mailing from your website many times.
But no reply has arrived.

Please reply as soon as possible.

best regards.

JAPAN
13/DECEMBER/2017

Discussion starter · #31 ·
Every LAPD officer is issued a PR-24. Officers for the last 20 years or so also have an ASP. We're required to carry one of the two and the PR-24 for all crowd control situations.

Actually. LAPD now issues the Peacekeeper Baton at the academy level.

Hey LA..

Do the uniformed guys from the LA County Coroners Office have any LE powers or LE type duties? I swear I’ve seen (online) a LACCO vehicle with “K9” on the side.

Hey LA..

Do the uniformed guys from the LA County Coroners Office have any LE powers or LE type duties? I swear I've seen (online) a LACCO vehicle with "K9" on the side.
Not that I'm aware of. If they have cadaver search dogs, I've never seen them. I believe we have one or two of them. The Coroner's PIO is called a "Lieutenant" so apparently they have some type of rank structure, although I've only dealt with Coroner's "Investigators" over the years.

The coroner determines the manner of death like all coroners do. It's up to the police to determine if it was criminal. Any death at the hands of another is called "homicide." It's up to the police to determine if it was justified or not.

21 - 37 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.