Quantcast

The President Has a List

Discussion in 'Politics & Law Enforcement' started by cc3915, Apr 27, 2012.

1. cc3915 Masscops Angel

Try this thought experiment: You decide to donate money to Mitt Romney. You want change in the Oval Office, so you engage in your democratic right to send a check.
    Several days later, President Barack Obama, the most powerful man on the planet, singles you out by name. His campaign brands you a Romney donor, shames you for "betting against America," and accuses you of having a "less-than-reputable" record. The message from the man who controls the Justice Department (which can indict you), the SEC (which can fine you), and the IRS (which can audit you), is clear: You made a mistake donating that money.
    Are you worried?
    Richard Nixon's "enemies list" appalled the country for the simple reason that presidents hold a unique trust. Unlike senators or congressmen, presidents alone represent all Americans. Their powers—to jail, to fine, to bankrupt—are also so vast as to require restraint. Any president who targets a private citizen for his politics is de facto engaged in government intimidation and threats. This is why presidents since Nixon have carefully avoided the practice.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052702304723304577368280604524916.html
  2. topcop14 Subscribing Member

Not shocker or surprised. I am sure I am on a list.
  3. kwflatbed Subscribing Member MC1+MC2 +MC3 88K+Poster

The black SUV's are circling my house now.
    Rock likes this.
  4. HousingCop Czar of Cyncism and Satire

It's why I always donate cash! Ooops, did I say that out loud?
  5. HistoryHound Supporting Member

Funny, that's how I would describe a lot of the people and groups that support obama and the dems.
    USMCMP5811, mtc and LGriffin like this.
  6. CJIS MassCops Member

Oh no Obama is not going to like me.
  7. Delta784 Guest

I sent Romney's campaign $100 a few months ago, so I'm definitely on the list.
    firefighter39 likes this.
  8. Nuke_TRT Stirrer of the Pot

I know someone on here that is deffinately on his list, and he's checking it twice. :rolleyes:

Mess with family and you get the horns. :cool:
  9. JMody Special...

I'm gonna donate to Romney now just because the douche is pulling this shit. Go ahead and try and dig into me assfuck, you wont find shit but a happy government employee who is looking for "change".
    firefighter39 likes this.
  10. mtc High Priestess

I think the bulk of us are on a "list" within the Obummer files.... simply by being here on this site and stating the facts.

I truly wish I had $100 to send to Romney - JUST because of this... maybe I'll go whoring for an extra shift somewhere.....
  11. kwflatbed Subscribing Member MC1+MC2 +MC3 88K+Poster

Yes but some of us a a lot higher up on the list.

We are watching you !!

[IMG]
    mtc likes this.
  12. JamnJim18 Guest

2012 Correspondence Dinner

"Jimmy Kimmel:
    Mr. President, remember when the country rallied around you in hope for a better tomorrow? That was hilarious. That was your best one yet!"

Couldn't have said it better myself!

[IMG]
    niteowl1970 and ShmitDiesel like this.