time clocks

Discussion in 'Shop Talk' started by topgun50, Oct 24, 2014.

1. topgun50

topgun50 MassCops Member

Are there any departments that use time clocks to keep track of employees hours worked? If so, what type do they use.

thanks

2. Bloodhound

Bloodhound MassCops Member

[​IMG]
    Haven't heard of a PD doing that.

zm88, Goose and mtc like this.
  3. topgun50

topgun50 MassCops Member

What do most pd's use to track time for payroll

4. Johnny Law

Johnny Law Nemo me impune lacessit Staff Member

Our supervisors log us in at shift change. It's a computer roster, you're either there or not. The only things we time stamp are OT slips, and that is one of those small electronic clocks that you slide a slip of paper in and it stamps date and time.

5. niteowl1970

niteowl1970 Moderator Staff Member

We have time sheets and OT slips.

6. BxDetSgt

BxDetSgt MassCops Member

Clocks are evil.....

Duff112, LawMan3 and pahapoika like this.
  7. pahapoika

pahapoika Subscribing Member

Wow, cops do have it better.

Spent 22yrs terrorized by the time clock :(

Show up 5 minutes late 3 times in a span of a few weeks and loose a days pay !

8. BxDetSgt

BxDetSgt MassCops Member

They take all the honor out of thievery

9. Goose

Goose The list is long but distinguished. Staff Member

The worst part of a time clock is when you show up early and they don't let you punch in, yet if you punch in late they shaft you. I lost track of the number of times over the years I have showed up to jobs and got dragged away to do something only to end up punching in late and getting bitched at for it.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2014
    BxDetSgt likes this.
  10. BxDetSgt

BxDetSgt MassCops Member

They also do not account for call in's from home, direct response to scenes, going EOT from outside assignments. They also take away from discretionary OT. Many times I have worked past my tour and not put in for it. As a boss I should be allowed to give guys a grace period, with a clock I have no discretion. All in all I don't think they work for L.E., and definatley not for Detective work.

zm88 and Goose like this.
  11. Bloodhound

Bloodhound MassCops Member

We just have a master schedule of who's supposed to be working each day, it shows if someone's out sick, vac day, whatever. It gets entered into the computer each day. For OT we submit a slip by the end of the week. This is one area that they treat us like grown ups.

pahapoika likes this.
  12. wwonka

wwonka MassCops Member

Better yet show up 1 minute late any day on a week that you have a swap and you lose swaps for 90 days.

pahapoika likes this.
  13. Duff112

Duff112 MassCops Member

Holy smokes... Wow.

Next thing you know you'll have GPS in your cruisers and body cams... Uh wait..

14. wwonka

wwonka MassCops Member

Yeah well I'm inside not worried about body cams but they are always watching.

I've not had the swap thing happen to me since I try to be 20 min early.