Town of Lee - Police Chief

Discussion in 'Massachusetts Employment' started by theGUNshow, Jul 11, 2011.

1. theGUNshow

theGUNshow MassCops Member

The Town of Lee seeks a full-time Police Chief to manage all aspects of the Police and Communications Departments and to serve as the Town's Emergency Management Director. The position is responsible for the supervision of 10 full-time officers including a sergeant, five reserve officers, five civilian dispatchers, and one full-time administrative assistant. The Chief is responsible for a combined operating budget of $1,156,405. Salary range of $57,197 to $76,382 plus $1,500 Emergency Management stipend and benefits.

Bachelor's degree in criminal justice or related field; 5 years of progressively responsible police supervisory experience; advanced training in law enforcement management and general management practices; or any equivalent combination of education and experience. Current certification by the Municipal Police Training Committee or ability to meet MPTC certification requirements within six months of appointment required. Possession of Massachusetts motor vehicle operator's license, and a Massachusetts license to carry firearms required within six months of appointment. Successful candidate will be required to reside within 15 miles of the Town of Lee within twelve months of appointment.

Submit resume with letter of interest to Robert Nason, Town Administrator, 32 Main Street, Lee, MA 01238. Initial interest will be assessed on July 25, 2011, and the position will remain open until filled. The Town of Lee is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
  2. Big.G

Big.G In Tactical Mode....

Is Glidden going to spew his warped interpretation of firearms law full-time?
  3. RCG

RCG MassCops Member

Big G - If by warped you mean an interpretation that you don't agree with, then I guess I will be doing that while trying to keep officers out of trouble. As I have been doing since 1998, I would be happy to discuss any firearms law issue with any officer at any time off-list by email or telephone. Ron Glidden
  4. mkl2209

mkl2209 MassCops Member

Ron,

Thanks for all of your hard work helping us understand a complicated set of firearms laws in the Commonwealth. You've been a tireless adviser, always willing to take the time to help and explain. Best wishes on a well-deserved retirement- and I hope we'll continue to benefit from your expertise.

Chief Mark Leahy
    Northborough PD
  5. mpd61

mpd61 Federal Auxiliary Police

FIFY!!!!!:shades_smile:
    sgthoskins, niteowl1970 and Dan Stark like this.
  6. Inspector71

Inspector71 Duke of Campus Police

Well MPD!
    There goes your shot in Northboro:D
    GMass likes this.
  7. Kilvinsky

Kilvinsky Will Work for Beer

I turned it down. They offered me a huge salary, take home car, a patrol rifle, my choice of badges (I chose the Attleboro style), my own office on the top floor of the highest building, Ch. 90, and free eats in all the local restaurants. I said, "What about gorgeous high priced call girls? Suffolk University offered me gorgeous high priced call girls." They said, "No gorgeous high priced call girls." I said, "Good day to you." and left in a huff.
  8. sgthoskins

sgthoskins Teufelhunden

Look another commie.
    Inspector71 likes this.