Transfers into New England

Discussion in 'New England Area Law Enforcement' started by vi8509, Sep 9, 2015.

  1. vi8509

    vi8509 New Member

    Does anyone know if there is some form of out of state lateral process for levels below full-time regular police officer? For example if someone has New York States 120 hour peace officer certificate, would different New England states allow you only to take a transition course rather than the whole training course?
  2. Joel98

    Joel98 MassCops Member

    I highly doubt it, you would still need to attend at least the reserve academy, which is only 320 hours, like 3 months.

    Just attend the reserve academy, it will be better for you in the long run.
  3. Hank Moody

    Hank Moody Duder Staff Member

    Why would you want to come work here? If you weren't already a Peace Officer, I'd ask why you wanted to join the profession. Go west. Same lack of support and respect. No Winters.
    Goose likes this.
  4. felony

    felony MassCops Member

    To answer your question, the MPTC will not accept your "peace officer" cert. The Reserve Academy is easy enough to attend, plus you will need the law classes to know what you are doing.
    Joel98 likes this.

Share This Page