Transit Police

Discussion in 'Just Shootin' The Breeze' started by Geronimo425, Jan 27, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Geronimo425

Geronimo425 New Member

If anyone here has worked for/is working for the Transit PD and could answer a few questions for me then please PM me. I'm interested in working for them and have received a letter. Looking for any tips pertaining to the job, and how your experience was/is like with them.

Thanks.

2. Kilvinsky

Kilvinsky I think, therefore I'll never be promoted.

TAKE THE DAMN JOB!!!!!
    if you are even remotely interested in law enforcement, you'd be a damn fool NOT to. Not only do you get lots of real experience in a very diverse area (loads of cities and towns, though mostly Boston metro area), but you're working for one hell of a PD. The pay needs work, the working conditions probably do as well, but if you don't like it, YOU CAN TRANSFER!
    Nothing more needs to be said. Pass it up, You're an idiot. Nothing personal.

visible25, HistoryHound, mtc and 5 others like this.
  3. pahapoika

pahapoika Subscribing Member

If you don't have any other solid prospects, take the job ( believe it's group 4 ) get the retirement clock going then check out your options down the road.

Unless you're ready to jump ship for another PD. Then can see why you wanna get a good idea what's going on with the "T".

Hope someone here can help

Good Luck !

Goose, Geronimo425 and Kilvinsky like this.
  4. Bloodhound

Bloodhound MassCops Member

Negative, they have their own pension system. But yes, take the job!

pahapoika likes this.
  5. MiamiVice

MiamiVice MassCops Member

Different pension, endless forced overtime.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

pahapoika likes this.
  6. j809

j809 Subscribing Member

First 5 years be prepared to be ordered in everyday

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pahapoika likes this.
  7. pahapoika

pahapoika Subscribing Member

See that ?
    A treasure trove of information .
    I love Masscops ! :cool:

visible25, zm88, Goose and 3 others like this.
  8. Kilvinsky

Kilvinsky I think, therefore I'll never be promoted.

Every job has it's shit and it's BULL shit, I've heard plenty of negatives about the T. I'd have taken that job had it been offered. I love trains, seriously, and the thought of covering such a large area would also be kind of cool. I USED to love my job and just might have grown to hate that one too, but at least it would be a different chief.

Oh, did I actually type that?

USM C-4, Goose and carodo like this.
  9. Geronimo425

Geronimo425 New Member

Does anyone know their starting salary? I asked but they didn't give me a straight answer...

10. Geronimo425

Geronimo425 New Member

I'm thinking that if I take the job I could possibly lateral over to Boston PD after gaining residency. Looking for more information pertaining to this

11. JD02124

JD02124 Supporting Member

You cant lateral over to Boston. You would have to go through the whole new hire process and a full academy.

12. Bloodhound

But you could lateral to plenty of other departments, if you wished.

13. MiamiVice

MiamiVice MassCops Member

Transit doesn't always allow people to leave. Many have left, but there's many who have been told no

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Bloodhound likes this.
  14. woodyd

woodyd MassCops Member

Doesn't that only apply for lateral transfers? I.e. your current Chief needs to sign off on a lateral move, but if you get hired for another job off the regular CS list (establish residency and take the test again and score high enough to get a card), your current job can't prevent you from leaving?

15. Bloodhound

Correct. I know someone that left for MSP and got injured well into the academy, and had to leave. Transit wouldn't take him back. Luckily he graduated the next RTT.

pahapoika and woodyd like this.