Tufts University Police Officer

Discussion in 'Massachusetts Employment' started by Pats2009, Oct 2, 2009.

1. Pats2009

Pats2009 MassCops Member

Public Safety supports the university community by providing services and programs that contribute to maintaining reasonably safe and secure campuses.
    The Police Officer is responsible for contributing to the safety and security of the university community by providing protective services which includes patrolling university grounds and buildings to prevent and detect crime as well as enforcing state laws, local laws, university regulations and providing other related public safety services.

https://recruiter.kenexa.com/tufts/...ob_REQUISITION_NUMBER=42784&ccid=bupJEdUjsTs=
  2. USAF3424

USAF3424 MassCops Member

They're not going to be promoting from within for this position. They want the full-time municipal academy and I believe the position is for the Grafton Campus.
  3. cc3915

cc3915 Masscops Angel Staff Member

I was buddies with a guy who worked at Tufts PD. He used to give me tubs and coolers of ice cold beer almost every weekend. It was a good job. I don't know about now though.
  4. OfficerNimtz9

OfficerNimtz9 New Member

Is this an armed police officer job, or a unarmed security job?
  5. Nuke_TRT

Nuke_TRT Stirrer of the Pot

Tufts Police are armed. And don't ask about Ch.90
  6. BrickCop

BrickCop Subscribing Member

I didn't see anything in the job description about them checking dorms to ensure roomies aren't shagging in front of one another.
  7. OfficerNimtz9

OfficerNimtz9 New Member

OK cool, the description made it sound like a security job... Wasn't going to ask about Ch. 90 don't care if they do or don't. As long as I'm walking a beat somewere with a badge, I'm happy.
  8. 5-0

5-0 Guest

for now... ;) You will get addicted to crack90 sooner or later, and then you will end up hating it and in rehab.
  9. wscsmart

wscsmart MassCops Member

Speaking of Ch.90, Does Tufts have any Ch. 90 powers?? hahahha
  10. USAF3424

USAF3424 MassCops Member

They do on the Medford campus
  11. nightcopppa

nightcopppa MassCops Member

Does anyone know if the Grafton Officer's are paid the same as the Medford/Boston Officer's?
  12. galehopeful

galehopeful MassCops Member

Can't speak to the pay, but the Grafton gig is pretty laid back. One officer per shift, no dispatch. Good supervisor and decent staff. They used to get their officers sworn as specials in Grafton and Westborough (a big portion of land is in Westborough), but I think an officer screwed things up on the Westborough side and they only get sworn in Grafton or as Worcester county deputies.

There is no housing on campus but the vet. hospital is open 24 hours a day. It's quiet, but certainly a foot in the door.
  13. mikey742

mikey742 Subscribing Member

Yes they are paid the same.
  14. cpd4720

cpd4720 MassCops Member

Just for interest, they also cover the medical and dental school buildings in Chinatown.
  15. dbquinby

dbquinby MassCops Member

These guys giving out interviews yet? I'm still seeing postings at their grafton campus.
  16. USAF3424

USAF3424 MassCops Member

FYI Tufts still has not hired anyone for this position. They are still accepting applications.
  17. Slimer

Slimer MassCops Member

If there is anyone on here that works at TUPD could you please PM me I have a few questions thanks.:unsure:
  18. FordMustang

FordMustang MassCops Member

Do you know what the starting pay is?
  19. USAF3424

USAF3424 MassCops Member

Starting pay, I believe, is around 21/hr with top step being 26/hr. Night differential gets you .75/hr. I'm not sure on the exact numbers for EMT but its somewhere around .75/hr. Same thing for a criminal justice degree. The rates are somewhere between .50/hr and 1.50/hr.
  20. mikey742

mikey742 Subscribing Member

spck08 had it about right. As of 07/01/2010 The starting rates id 21.45/hr with EMTs starting at 22.06/hr and the top step is 27.57 and 28.18 for EMTs

Shift diff is 1.00/hr

Degree money is .35 for associates, .65 for Bachelors and .95 for Masters/ Ph.D.

There are also some other allowances in the contract as well.
  21. WSCCJMAJOR

WSCCJMAJOR MassCops Member

A lot of the times these college cops abuse their authority. I'm involved in a case now with Westfield State PD (security)
  22. Eagle13

Eagle13 Lurking for a bit...

You are a tool.
  23. 263FPD

263FPD Administrator Staff Member

Fixed it yor ya.
  24. new guy

new guy Subscribing Member

I can't believe my tax dollars are funding this tools CJ education.
  25. 263FPD

263FPD Administrator Staff Member

He is probably a child of a welfare mother to boot. Wonder if he has a reason to go out shopping for a card for father's day, or is it just a confusing day for him in the projects.