Wall Street Protesters Arrested

Discussion in 'National' started by topcop14, Sep 26, 2011.

1. Kilvinsky

Kilvinsky Will Work for Beer

They had their 15 minutes, they had their day in the sun and they had their fun. Now the NYPD is doing the right thing by squashing this insanity before it can regurgitate itself.

A bunch of us out there made some good money while it went on and don't get me wrong, I enjoyed that money and would enjoy any future financial gain, but my bottom line is, ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!

2. SgtAndySipowicz

SgtAndySipowicz Supporting Member

3. kwflatbed

kwflatbed Subscribing Member MC1+MC2 +MC3 92K+Poster

New York police probe 'kill a cop' tweet linked to 'Occupy Wall Street' protests

• [​IMG]
      AP
      March 18, 2012: An unidentified Occupy Wall Street protester is arrested early in Zuccotti Park after a march in celebration of the protest's sixth month, on Saturday, in New York. With the city's attention focused on the huge St. Patrick's Day Parade many blocks uptown, the Occupy rally drew a far smaller crowd than the demonstrations when the movement was at its peak in the fall.
    NEW YORK – New York City police were Sunday investigating an "Occupy Wall Street" protester who made threats on Twitter about killing police as hundreds clashed the previous day with cops at Zuccotti Park.
    "We won't make a difference if we don't kill a cop or 2," Twitter user "Smackema1" posted about 11:40pm with a link to Ustream, which was showing footage of the protests at the Lower Manhattan park where "Occupy Wall Street" began last September, the New York Post reported.
    The author also posted several other comments Saturday about the protests, the New York Daily News reported, and police are now seeking a subpoena to help them discover who was behind the tweet, NYPD spokesman Paul Browne said.
    An anonymous man claiming to be behind the tweets later defended them to the Daily News, saying, "It's not like I meant anything of it. Who takes anything like that seriously? I'm in Florida, what am I going to do?"
    He said he had never attended an "Occupy Wall Street" protest, but had followed them online.
    Police also said Sunday they were separately investigating threats made to two cops and their families.
    There were 73 people arrested Saturday when protesters returned to Zuccotti Park to mark six months since the "Occupy Wall Street" movement's inception.
    Fourteen of the arrests were made before officers raided the gathering, police sources told FOX News Channel.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/03/19/new-york-police-probe-kill-cop-tweet-linked-to-occupy-wall-street-protests/#ixzz1pZXpqG9R

4. Kilvinsky

Kilvinsky Will Work for Beer

The REAL Occupods are dirty and confused but they're smart enough to stay away from these sick scum because they KNOW any real association with nuts will not help whatever cause they ever decide on.

Lots of loud unfocused rhetoric, but only a small group are really dangerous violent whackadoodles. DO be careful when dealing the lunatic fringe anarchists.

5. CJIS

CJIS MassCops Member

[​IMG]
    CBS News
    Occupy Wall Street urges strike over arrests
    CBS News - ‎38 minutes ago‎

(AP) NEW YORK - Occupy Wall Street activists are calling for supporters to skip work on May 1 to protest what they are calling police brutality during 73 arrests in New York during the weekend.

6. mtc

mtc High Priestess Staff Member

**YAWN**

Police brutality claims are SO yesterday's news!!

7. CJIS

CJIS MassCops Member

[​IMG]
    New York Times
    Police eject Occupy protesters from NY park, arrest six
    Chicago Tribune - ‎2 hours ago‎

By Barbara Goldberg NEW YORK, March 21 (Reuters) - More than 100 protesters from the reawakened Occupy Wall Street movement were ejected from a New York City park in the pre-dawn hours of Wednesday after a standoff with police resulted in six arrests.

8. cc3915

cc3915 Masscops Angel Staff Member

9. visible25

visible25 MassCops Member

^^ THAT pisses me off (and I'm not even an officer)

10. mtc

And yet... somehow....they can't figure out why they can't get jobs....

visible25 likes this.
  11. CJIS

CJIS MassCops Member

It was hanging there like a pinata. Must have been so hard for the officers not to take their batons and whack it.

12. HistoryHound

HistoryHound Supporting Member

If these idiots are representative of our future leaders, we are f***ing doomed. Kind of makes me hope the Mayans are right.

visible25 likes this.
  13. cc3915

Van Jones group plans American’s “Arab Spring” revolt

An Egypt-styled “Arab Spring,” which has put radicals in charge of the government, will be launched in the United States this spring with a war on “corporate power, Wall Street greed and the political corruption of the 1 percent,” according to the group headed by former Obama green aide Van Jones.

“They’re really not going to like the 99 percent Spring,” said Rebuild the Dream in an organizing email Friday.

Comparing the collection of protests last year that are symbolized by the 99 percent campaign and Occupy movement, to those of Gandhi and Martin Luther King Jr., the group said that “we were all inspired by the protesters of the Arab Spring who stood up to totalitarian governments, and inspired the Occupy movement here in America.”

http://washingtonexaminer.com/polit...-plans-american’s-“arab-spring”-revolt/453666

14. mtc

Why don't they all have the balls to protest to their ""1%"" and leave the rest of us alone?

15. CJIS

CJIS MassCops Member

[​IMG]
    MiamiHerald.com
    Report Calls Pepper-Spraying of Students 'Unreasonable'
    Wall Street Journal - ‎9 minutes ago‎

By VAUHINI VARA The chancellor of the University of California, Davis holds some responsibility for the "unreasonable" pepper-spraying of students during a November protest that "should and could have been prevented," according to an independent report ...

16. cc3915

17. cc3915

Occupy Wall Street Plans Global Disruption of Status Quo

Occupy Wall Street demonstrators, whose anti-greed message spread worldwide during an eight-week encampment in Lower Manhattan last year, plan marches across the globe tomorrow calling attention to what they say are abuses of power and wealth.
    Organizers say they hope the coordinated events will mark a spring resurgence of the movement after a quiet winter. Calls for a general strike with no work, no school, no banking and no shopping have sprung up on websites in Toronto, Barcelona, London, Kuala Lumpur and Sydney, among hundreds of cities in North America, Europe and Asia.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-...ns-global-disruption-of-status-quo-may-1.html

18. CJIS

CJIS MassCops Member

I can't believe these asshats are still in the media. It seems the ones that are left now the are real extreme wing nuts.

19. CJIS

CJIS MassCops Member

[​IMG]
    AFP
    UPDATE 1-Occupy supporters in New York, Wisconsin sue over free speech
    Chicago Tribune - ‎1 hour ago‎

* New York City Council members file suit * Protests planned for May 1 labor holiday (Adds judge's ruling in Madison, Wisconsin, case) NEW YORK, April 30 (Reuters) - A flurry of civil rights lawsuits accusing police of stifling free speech of Occupy ...

20. mtc

The officers in NYC are screwed - no support from above whatsoever, and expected to work fucking miracles for these tools.

Since when is rioting and damaging property "Free Speach"?

21. CJIS

CJIS MassCops Member

[​IMG]
    TIME
    May Day protesters block access to Bank of America on State
    Chicago Sun-Times - ‎20 minutes ago‎

AP May 1, 2012 9:38AM Chicago police protect the entrance of the Bank of America where Occupy Chicago gathered in protest. | Natasha Korecki~Sun-Times A group of protesters temporarily shut down the entrance to Bank of America on State Street Tuesday ...

22. kwflatbed

kwflatbed Subscribing Member MC1+MC2 +MC3 92K+Poster

[​IMG]

1. A police lieutenant swings his baton at an Occupy Wall Street activists on Tuesday, May 1, 2012 in New York. Hundreds of activists with a variety of causes spread out over New York City Tuesday on International Workers Day, or May Day, with Occupy Wall Street members leading a charge against financial institutions. (AP Photo/Mary Altaffer)

http://news.yahoo.com/photos/occupy-protesters-strike-again-slideshow/

ShmitDiesel likes this.
  23. mtc

Would really have liked a chicklet strewn "after" photo there...

24. Johnny Law

Johnny Law Nemo me impune lacessit Staff Member

Now that LT is taking "power spin" to a whole new level. Get some lieutenant!

25. Joel98

Joel98 MassCops Member

I guess all the admin hasn't forgotten how to work the streets. NYPD and occupy.jpg

YoungGun85 likes this.