Woonsocket police investigate possible abduction

Discussion in 'New England' started by kwflatbed, Apr 9, 2008.

1. kwflatbed

kwflatbed Subscribing Member MC1+MC2 +MC3 90K+Poster

April 9, 2008 03:26 PM EDT

WOONSOCKET, R.I. (WPRI) - Woonsocket police have arrested a suspect believed to be involved in an abduction of a minor Wednesday morning.
    A news conference is being held today at Woonsocket police headquarters regarding this incident.
    Eyewitness News will be there, and we'll bring you the latest developments on this breaking story on wpri.com and beginning on Eyewitness News Live at Five.

http://www.wpri.com/Global/story.asp?S=8142595
  2. kwflatbed

R.I. Girl Escapes Kidnapper

[​IMG] Woonsocket police say a man kidnapped an 11-year-old girl and assaulted her inside a vacant apartment on Willow Street.
    WBZ

WOONSOCKET, R.I. (WBZ) ― An 11-year-old girl escaped her kidnapper and assailant Wednesday morning after she was abducted while walking to school in Woonsocket, R.I., police said.

Police have arrested 20-year-old Miguel Navarro in connection with the abduction and assault.

Police said a man wielding a knife walked up to the girl and told her to follow him to an apartment on Willow Street around 7:40 a.m. The girl complied and once inside the vacant apartment, the man assaulted her before she was able to escape, police officials said.

The girl ran home and her mother called police.

Police said the girl was in the man's custody for a total of 30 minutes. They have arrested 20-year-old Miguel Navarro, who was found in a nearby apartment. Navarro is not a registered sex offender though he was known to police prior to Wednesday's kidnapping, officials said.

Navarro is scheduled to be arraigned Wednesday night and faces charges of child molestation and kidnapping.

Police said they are also looking into similarities between Wednesday's abduction and a similar case in March.

http://wbztv.com/local/girl.escapes.kidnapper.2.696029.html
  3. kwflatbed

[​IMG] There are pending child molestation charges against Miguel Navarro from a May 2006 incident.
    WBZ